Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15 Dual-Mode Laptop, Intel Core i3, 4GB RAM, 500GB, 15.6" Touch Screen, Black & Silver
The versatile Lenovo Flex 15 is ideal for entertainment. It features a dual-mode design that will really bring the action closer when watching movies or using touch screen applications. This affordable laptop also features a fourth generation Intel Core i3 processor and a massive battery life to ensure real on-the-go computing.
Thanks to its Intel Core i3 processor and 4GB of RAM, the Flex 15 is ready for all of your everyday tasks. Intel's fourth generation processors deliver increased security, superior graphics and low power consumption, meaning you'll be able to use the Flex 15 for longer without plugging in.
Packing a 500GB hard drive, the Flex 15 will provide plenty of room for the whole family to store their documents, videos, photos and music.
Flex 15 can be positioned in two modes. The first, as a regular laptop, is ideal for typing and browsing using the multitouch touchpad. You can then flip the laptop through 300 degrees, bringing the screen to the front, with the keyboard acting as a stand. In this position, you'll be able to seamlessly interact with the touch screen and enjoy movies in HD.
Flex 15 is incredibly portable. It measures just over 22mm in height when closed and weighs under 2.5kg. The long 9 hour battery life, facilitated by Intel's low power processor makes the Flex 15 fantastic to use away from a plug point.
You can choose the input method you prefer. The 10-point capacitive touch screen is great for taking advantage of Windows 8's interface, or if you prefer, you can use the multi-touch touchpad to navigate with gestures and accuracy. Whichever method you choose, you won't want to miss out on the fantastic AccuType keyboard. Lenovo's AccuType keyboard has been ergonomically designed to be more comfortable to use and help reduce errors.
Three USB ports, Bluetooth and a 2-in-1 card reader makes transferring data and connecting peripherals fast and easy. Built-in Ethernet connection and Wi-Fi mean you can choose how you want to connect to a network.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 9 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p HD webcam
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H22.2 x W380.5 x D272.7 mm
- HD 10-Point Multitouch display
- Black (Black+Silver Ring)
- 4th Generation
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 4400
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 500GB hard drive
- Island-style AccuType Keyboard
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- 2-in-1 SD & MMC card reader
- Model name / number
- IdeaPad Flex 15
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8.1 (64 Bit)
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 8
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Core i3-4010U
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i3
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Integrated stereo speakers and Dolby Advanced Audio certification
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- YES- Intel Voice Assistant
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
- Delivery in 3 weeks from our supplier
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy