Lenovo IdeaPad S500 Touch Laptop, Intel Core i7, 4GB RAM, 500GB + 24GB SSD, 15.6" Touch Screen, Black
Sleek and sophisticated, the Lenovo IdeaPad S500 Touch is a fully featured 15.6” laptop. It includes a 10-finger multitouch screen, powerful processor and a hybrid hard drive to give you the performance of a laptop combined with the convenience of a tablet.
With Intel’s Core i7 processor and 8GB of RAM, the Ideapad S500 will give you top quality performance, whether you’re writing an essay or editing HD videos, with plenty of memory allowing for effective multi tasking.
The S500 contains a 24GB solid state drive to ensure your laptop boots up within seconds. You’ll also have 500GB of space to store all of you documents, videos, songs and photos on the hard drive.
The HD touch screen has been designed for Windows 8, making accessing your favourite programs easier than ever. It’ll also provide a clear, crisp picture with stunning colours, making it great for interacting with videos and photos.
Built-in stereo speakers with Dolby Advanced Audio ensure greater clarity and consistent tone while providing a cinematic surround-sound experience. You can even customise your audio settings to ensure you’ll have your preferred custom levels across all of your music.
The full-sized, island style AccuType keyboard provides a comfortable, spill resistant typing experience. The curved keys and ergonomic spacing help ensure typing accuracy, while the numeric keypad makes number punching convenient. The multitouch touchpad also allows for intuitive navigation with support for gestures making it easier to scroll and zoom.
The integrated 720p webcam is great for online video chats, whether you’re holding a conference with colleagues or catching up with friends and family. It includes low light sensitivity to keep you visible in darker environments and face-tracking so you can remain in the frame while you multitask.
With a battery life of up to 5 hours, you’ll be able to take the S500 Touch with you and not worry about needing to find a power supply all the time. And with Lenovo Energy management, the long-term durability of your battery is protected, so you won’t see the battery running down much faster after a few months use.
An ultrafast USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0 ports and Bluetooth connectivity give you plenty of options to connect to other devices. The S500 also features an Ethernet port and built-in Wi-Fi to help you connect to available networks.
McAfee Internet Security (30-day trial)
Lenovo Software Suite
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 5 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1 megapixel webcam
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H23 x W382 x D266 mm
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 500GB + 24GB SSD
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- 2-in-1 SD & MMC card reader
- Model name / number
- S500 59386965
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8 (64 Bit)
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 8
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0, 1x HDMI
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Core i7-3537U
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 2.0GHz to 3.1GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i7
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1366 x 768 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 14.1 to 16
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy