LG 42LA740V LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 42" with Freeview HD and 4x 3D Glasses
The LG 740V is a more elegant way to watch the programmes you love. The slim chassis and cleverly designed menus make it a joy to look at as well as use. It comes loaded and ready to go with heaps of smart features too like catch up TV, apps, games and built-in Wi-Fi to get it all running. As a bonus, the included smart remote brings a new dimension with voice, gesture and pointing control options.
More to watch
There’s catch-up TV from the likes of BBC iPlayer, as well as instant access to movies on demand via the likes of Sky Movies on NOW TV, and Netflix. You can also stream live sports via Sky Sport on NOW TV, BBC Sports and Eurosport. There’s also access to music from Napster, plus social networking sites like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
3D and Dual Play
Passive 3D renders movies and programmes in deeper detail than ever. The TV comes with four pairs of lightweight glasses to get you started. LG Dual Play is a treat for gamers, putting two-player gaming full screen, without the need for a split screen.
With LG Cloud, you can play content on your Smart TV From anywhere anytime. Quickly access videos, music and photos from other devices such as smartphones and tablets, then enjoy them on your TV.
Enjoy easy and fast connection among TV, Smartphones and tablets, without wires, enabling easy transfer and sharing of your digital content right on the TV screen (Miracast requires a Wi-Fi network and Miracast certified smartphone).
With Tag On, sharing between your mobile device and your television has never been simpler. You just share and mirror content by simply ‘tagging’ Your smartphone to the TV NFC sticker provided.
- 3D Technology Type Information Active 3D works from battery-powered glasses. Passive 3D works with an on-screen filter and regular glasses
- Accessories Included
- 4x 3D glasses, remote control, batteries, documentation
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Virtual Surround Plus
- Digital tuner Information Built-in digital tuners let you receive channels through an aerial with Freeview or through a satellite dish with freesat
- Freeview HD
- H56.4 x W95.1 x D3.4cm
- DLNA Information Digital Living Network Alliance compatible - lets you build a digital network around the home with other DLNA devices
- Eligible for International Delivery
- 5 years
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- External USB recording and playback
- Internet Ready Information Internet enabled devices allow you access to a wealth of online content through Wi-Fi, dongle or Ethernet connection.
- Yes - Wi-Fi / Ethernet
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Number of tuners Information These are built-in the TV to access digital television channels, radio stations or even HD channels at no extra cost
- Picture Resolution Information A higher picture resolution makes for greater clarity, depth and detail which can be enjoyed sat closer to the screen
- Full HD (1080p)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 3x HDMI in, 1x SCART in, 1x headphones out, 3x USB 2.0
- Power Consumption - Annual Information Estimated energy use for a full year's use, based on EU regulations
- 76 kWh/year
- Power Consumption - On Mode Information The average daily power consumption based on EU measures. Rated power consumption based on maximum continuous use may differ.
- Remote Control
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type Information LED screens are backlit, with multiple light-emitting diodes; OLEDs use individual organic light-emitting diodes with no backlight; QLEDs use Quantum Dot technology to provide excellent levels of contrast, colour reproduction and energy efficiency
- Smart TV Information Connects to the home Wi-Fi to access apps including BBC iPlayer, stream from services such as Netflix and browse websites
- Speaker output Information The total output measured in watts. The higher the number, the louder the sound.
- Table Top Stand
- Visible Screen Size (measured diagonally)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
The charge for this service includes the removal and environmentally-responsible disposal of your old TV
Q & As
Count on our expert opinion in picking your television.