LG 55EA980W Curved OLED Full HD 3D Smart TV, 55" with Freeview HD and 2x 3D Glasses
LG add a new dimension to your viewing with the curved OLED 980W TV. Full HD and boasting a unique 4 colour pixel display, the 980W has everything you’d expect from a smart TV, including catch-up services and apps. Passive 3D brings your movies to life while the curved screen itself creates more immersive viewing angles.
This TV will keep you focused on your media too with its discreet crystal stand and clear speakers
4 colour pixel OLED
LG’s 4 Colour Pixel adds a white sub-pixel that improves the conventional 3 colours and enhances both colour range and accuracy. This considerably improves the OLED pixels’ ability to express the truest colours. The OLED screen also achieves perfect contrast, thanks to its self-lighting pixels.
The curved screen lets you enjoy the widest viewing angles with no loss of contrast or distortion of colour.
There’s catch-up TV from the likes of BBC iPlayer, as well as instant access to movies on demand via Sky Movies on NOW TV and Netflix. You can also stream live sports via Sky Sport on NOW TV, BBC Sports and Eurosport. There’s access to music from Napster, plus social networking sites like YouTube, Facebook and Twitter too.
Browse and share files in your external storage devices on your large TV screen or watch TV on another smart device with Smart Share. LG introduces a true Smart TV that connects to other devices more easily than ever. Enjoy any content without constraint.
Bring the big-screen 3D experience from the cinema directly to your living room with LG Smart TV 3D World. Enjoy hours of free 3D content including documentaries, sports, kids and music concerts and rent the latest 3D Disney movies.
Voice, gesture, pointing and more - take control of the TV your way with the LG Magic remote. Intuitive and ergonomically designed to sit in your hand, this remote is a pleasure to use.
Please note that all Smart services may not be available initially.
- 3D Technology Type Information Active 3D works from battery-powered glasses. Passive 3D works with an on-screen filter and regular glasses
- Accessories Included
- 2x 3D glasses, remote control, batteries, documentation
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Virtual Surround Sound
- Digital tuner Information Built-in digital tuners let you receive channels through an aerial with Freeview or through a satellite dish with freesat
- Freeview HD
- H80 x W122.7 x D19.2cm
- DLNA Information Digital Living Network Alliance compatible - lets you build a digital network around the home with other DLNA devices
- 5 years
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- External USB recording and playback
- Internet Ready Information Internet enabled devices allow you access to a wealth of online content through Wi-Fi, dongle or Ethernet connection.
- Yes - Wi-Fi / Ethernet
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Number of tuners Information These are built-in the TV to access digital television channels, radio stations or even HD channels at no extra cost
- Picture Resolution Information A higher picture resolution makes for greater clarity, depth and detail which can be enjoyed sat closer to the screen
- Full HD (1080p)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 4x HDMI in, 1x SCART in, 1x headphones out, 3x USB
- Power Consumption - Annual Information Estimated energy use for a full year's use, based on EU regulations
- 146 kWh/year
- Power Consumption - On Mode Information The average daily power consumption based on EU measures. Rated power consumption based on maximum continuous use may differ.
- Remote Control
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type Information LED screens are backlit, with multiple light-emitting diodes; OLEDs use individual organic light-emitting diodes with no backlight; QLEDs use Quantum Dot technology to provide excellent levels of contrast, colour reproduction and energy efficiency
- Smart TV Information Connects to the home Wi-Fi to access apps including BBC iPlayer, stream from services such as Netflix and browse websites
- Speaker output Information The total output measured in watts. The higher the number, the louder the sound.
- Table Top Stand
- Visible Screen Size (measured diagonally)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
The charge for this service includes the removal and environmentally-responsible disposal of your old TV
Q & As
Count on our expert opinion in picking your television.