LS Lowry - 'North James Henry Street, Salford' Framed Print & Mount, 42 x 52cm, Grey
Product code: 77523206
A reproduction of Lowry's 1956 work 'North James Henry Street, Salford'. This archival giclee print has a cotton core mount in a handmade and hand-finished sustainably sourced solid ash wood frame.
Made in the UK by museum specialists and printed on heavyweight, matt-smooth fine art paper, it's ready to hang on your wall.
Originally, it was a pencil drawing produced by Lowry in 1956. Salford Museum & Art Gallery asked Lowry if he would record some of the Trinity and St Mathias areas of Salford, Greater Manchester, before the museum moved to a new property. This drawing was made in the spring and purchased by the gallery in the following winter. This print is colour and tone matched to the original drawing.
Laurence Stephen Lowry was born in Stretford, Lancashire in 1887. He began to draw at the age of 8 and at 15 began attending private painting classes. On leaving school in 1904, Lowry began work in Manchester as a clerk with a firm of chartered accountants. He studied painting and drawing in the evenings at the Municipal College of Art (1905-15) and at Salford School of Art (1915-25). Despite his unusually long period as an art student, Lowry considered himself to be a self-taught artist. Lowry is best known for his paintings of industrial landscapes of the north of England.
Have you thought about wall hooks and fittings?
- Artist or Illustrator
- LS Lowry
- Care instructions
- Wipe clean with a dry cloth. Do not use detergent.
- Country of Origin
- H42 x W52 x D4.5cm
- Made in the UK
- Ash wood frame, glass, MDF, paper
- Medium (Up to 70cm x 70cm)
- Cities & Architecture, Museum Art
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 5 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £3.95.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Co-op branches, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery within M25
- Evening delivery to addresses within the M25 on the day of your choice, 7 - 10pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the day of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.