Microsoft Surface Pro 2, Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro, 10.6", 256GB, Wi-Fi, Black
We like it because...
it's got all of the qualities of a desktop in a much more portable package.
With more power, longer battery life, better colours, improved speakers and stunning graphics, the Surface Pro 2 from Microsoft delivers the full power of a PC in tablet form. Running on an fourth generation Intel Core processor, Surface Pro 2 brings you Microsoft Windows 8.1 at its best.
Powered by a fourth generation Intel Core i5 processor, Surface Pro 2 delivers snappy performance and visuals, whether you're creating word documents and browsing the internet, or playing the latest games. This version of Surface Pro 2 also comes with 8GB of RAM giving you enough power to edit raw 6K video on the go.
Intel's Haswell processor delivers superb performance with low power consumption. This means, the Surface Pro 2 can perform for longer without needing to charge, with a battery life of up to 8 hours. It also allows for a much cooler, quieter experience.
Windows 8.1 delivers the best of Windows 8, along with the return of some of your favourite features from previous versions of Windows. Run legacy apps in desktop mode, with full use of the newly restored Start Button, or download apps from the Windows Store on the Start Screen for fast and intuitive touch based controls.
The 10.6", 16:9 display features a resolution of 1920x1080 pixels, giving you a stunning Full HD picture, with 50% more accurate colours than in the previous model. The speakers have been improved too, so you can enjoy HD movies with immersive sound.
Use your Surface Pro 2 on your lap or on a desk with no additional accessories, thanks to the improved kickstand. The kickstand is able to be placed at two angles, ensuring you a great view from any position.
Connect mice, external hard drives, USB sticks and more with the ultra fast USB 3.0 port. Plug in a microSD card up to 64GB to enhance your system’s storage capacity and even output to projectors and monitors using the Mini DisplayPort.
Surface comes with a 2 year subscription to SkyDrive, giving you 200GB's of cloud storage for free. SkyDrive can automatically sync your files and folders, saving them to the cloud as well as on your Surface, giving you access to them anywhere in the world. SkyDrive also gives you access to the Microsoft Office Web Apps, so you can create and edit documents, spreadsheets, Powerpoint presentations and OneNote files on the go.
You'll also be given a year's subscription to Skype's Unlimited World Calling package for free calls to landlines in over 60 countries and unlimited Skype Wi-Fi at over 2 million hotspots in airports, hotels, train stations and caf�s worldwide.
The included stylus pen is the ideal way to navigate the touch screen interface on the go. Take notes, draw pictures and more, this stylus updates a traditional way of recording information with a technology twist.
Connect to the internet using the built-in Wi-Fi receiver, and transfer files wirelessly with superfast Bluetooth 4.0. Two HD cameras, on the front and the back ensure high quality images, whether you’re making a video call or taking a photo.
Please note: Microsoft Office is not included on with Surface Pro 2. To use Microsoft Office it must be purchased separately.
*System software uses significant storage space; your storage capacity will be less. See surface PDF (opens in a new window)
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Stylus, AC adaptor
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 8 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 1.2 megapixels
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 1.2 megapixels
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H173 x W274.6 x D13.5 mm
- LCD capacitive touchscreen
- 4th Generation
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 4400
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internal Storage
- Location Services
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD (up to 64GB)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 8.1 Pro
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 8
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x USB 3.0, 1x mini DisplayPort
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-core Intel Core i5-4200U
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 1.6GHz to 2.6GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i5
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- 9.1" to 11"
- Accelerometer, gyroscope, Compass
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy