Apple MacBook Air, MD760B/A, Intel Core i5, 128GB Flash, 4GB RAM, 13.3"
The new stunningly designed 13.3-inch Apple MacBook Air will speed through intensive applications twice at lighting speeds while preserving battery life thanks to its fourth generation Haswell Intel Core i5 processor. Made from lightweight aluminium, it features a whole host of great connectivity options, including USB 3.0, an SD card reader and a lighting fast Thunderbolt port. Tough, slim and very portable - the MacBook Air is your perfect partner for work, rest or play.
Your new MacBook Air will arrive with OS X Mountain Lion. Mountain Lion introduces innovative features including the all new Messages app, Notification Center, system-wide Sharing, AirPlay Mirroring, Game Centre and the enhanced security of Gatekeeper. With iCloud built into the foundation of OS X, Mountain Lion makes it easier than ever to keep your content up to date across all your devices.
The MacBook Air is incredibly thin and light thanks to its aluminium construction. Measuring just 1.7cm at its deepest point and weighing an astonishing 1.35kg, this laptop is perfect for taking on the road with you.
The latest Haswell Intel Core i5 processor will handle whatever you throw at it, allowing you to multi-task and work on intensive applications without experiencing any lag. Applications run faster and more efficiently than before. So everything you normally do on a computer you can do even quicker. Send email, write reports, create presentations, touch up photos, edit home movies and all the little (and big) tasks in between.
The 128GB all-flash storage will allow you to store your photos, music and personal documents in the one place. Flash storage doesn’t have any moving parts, which means it’s more reliable and quiet. Lightning fast, durable, silent — qualities that make sense in a laptop tasked with keeping up with you.
Expect to be delighted by the MacBook Air’s beautifully bright LED-backlit widescreen display. It’s 1440 x 900 so you’ll notice the finest of details on web content, movies or when gaming. Experience an immersive entertainment experience thanks to powerful stereo speakers which will get the most from your films, videos and music.
MacBook Air also features Intel’s HD Graphics 5000 shared graphics card which includes an on-chip engine for video encoding and decoding.
A 720p FaceTime camera will allow you to experience video calling in HD to any other device with FaceTime. This could be another MacBook or to someone’s iPhone 5 when connected to a Wi-Fi signal.
Two USB 3.0 ports will allow you to connect peripheral items such as mice, printers or USB storage devices, and transfer data 10 times faster than USB 2.0 with compatible devices. The Thunderbolt port allows rapid transferring of files, so you’ll save time when trying to save large files in a hurry. With two 10-Gbps data channels, Thunderbolt lets you transfer data at rates up to 12 times faster than FireWire 800 and up to 20 times faster than USB 2.0. Bluetooth 4.0 will allow you to connect to compatible devices within range, sharing libraries and playing media. Along with a handy SD card slot, you’ll even be able to enjoy your digital snaps with ease.
The battery life is impressive also, lasting up to 12 hours when connected wirelessly to the web - allowing you to stray from a plug socket to attend meetings or sit in a more comfortable environment.
Despite its size, the MacBook Air still packs a full-size keyboard that makes typing as natural as it is comfortable. And now the keyboard is backlit, so you can type with ease in even the dimmest light.
With the Mac App Store, getting the apps you want on your Mac has never been easier. No more boxes, no more discs, no more time-consuming installation. Click once to download and install any app on your Mac. But if an app you need isn’t available from the Mac App Store, you can use DVD or CD Sharing. This convenient feature of OS X lets you wirelessly ‘borrow’ the optical drive of a nearby Mac or PC. So, you’ll still be able to install applications from a DVD or CD and have full access to an optical drive without having to carry one around.
OS X Mavericks
Every Mac comes with OS X Mavericks is the next major release of the world’s most advanced desktop operating system. With Mavericks, the Mac experience gets even better. It brings new apps to your desktop. Adds features you’ll love to use. And introduces technologies that help your Mac perform even better—while using even less power.
OS X Mavericks New Features
- Improved Notifications
- Improved Calendar
- iCloud Keychain
- Improved Safari
- Finder Tabs
- Multiple Displays
- App Nap
- Compressed Memory
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 12 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 720p facetime HD camera
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Available separately
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H0.3/1.7 x W32.5 x D22.7cm
- 4th Generation
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 5000
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 128GB of flash storage
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Mac OS X Mavericks
- Operating System Filter
- OS X
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB 3.0, 1x Thunderbolt
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- 4th generation dual-core Intel Core i5
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 1.3GHz to 2.6GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i5
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1440 x 900 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 12.1" to 14"
- Touch Screen
- USB ports Information Universal Serial Bus- socket for transferring data between electronic devices
- 2x USB 3.0
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Yes- Via Apple TV & AirPlay
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11ac
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy