Nikon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6G VR AF-S Telephoto Lens
Product informationThe high-power JAA808DA FX zoom lens with versatile wide-angle to telephoto zoom range. It offers an ultra-high 10.7x zoom and wide 28-300mm focal range that easily covers the most commonly used focal lengths. Nikon’s second-generation Vibration Reduction system delivers sharp results, even for hand-held telephoto shots. The ideal ‘walkabout’ lens, it offers a convenient way to obtain maximum flexibility with minimum kit.
- FX zoom lens with powerful 10.7 zoom ratio.
- Versatile 28-300mm focal range (DX equivalent: 42-450mm).
- Outstanding optical performance.
- Vibration Reduction II (VR II) stabilization system with Normal and Active modes. Lets you use shutter speeds that are up to 4 stops slower.
- Two ED (Extra low Dispersion) glass and three aspherical lens elements ensure high resolution and superior contrast.
- SWM (Silent Wave Motor) for fast, quiet autofocus.
- Zoom-lock switch keeps the lens secure when not in use.
- Weather-sealed mount protects the lens from dust and water.
- Front Lens Cap
- Rear Lens Cap
- Bayonet Hood
- Carry Couch
- Angle of View Information The amount of the scene the lens can take in
- 75°- 8°10' (53°- 5°20' with Nikon DX format)
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- Dia. 83 x L114.5mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Nikon F
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- 0.5 m/1.6 ft
- Model name / number
- Nikon 28-300mm f3.5-5.6G VR AF-S Telephoto Lens JAA808DA
- Sensor Format
- Tripod Collar Information Sometimes called a lens collar, this accessory lets the lens be mounted on a tripod
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.