Nikon D5200 Digital SLR Camera, HD 1080p, 24.1MP, 3" Screen, Body Only
Powerful, professional results with the versatility of interchangeable lenses from Nikon. The D5200 is more than a full size DSLR, it’s also a Full HD camcorder with an advanced image processor to let you shoot sharper and faster than ever.
Tough and ergonomically designed, it sits solidly in the hand for confident image capture in any situation. It also features a suite of built-in functions like scene selection, movie modes and high speed shooting so you’ll always be ready to capture those special moments.
- D-Movie lets you record Full HD movie clips and capture the action in superb quality day or night. Nikon’s advanced EXPEED 3 image processing engine maximizes the performance of the CMOS sensor for amazingly clear images with vivid colours.
- A 24.1 megapixel image sensor enables you to capture amazingly detailed images and produce sharp enlargements.
- High ISO 25600 sensitivity and continuous high speed shooting significantly reduces the risk of blurred images when you shoot fast-moving subjects or take pictures in low light.
- Live View with Scene Auto Selector makes it easy to compose images using the vari-angle LCD monitor. Scene Auto Selector will select the best mode for the scene and subject you want to capture. It boasts easily selectable AF modes, including Face Priority AF that detects and tracks faces within the frame, while razor-sharp auto focus offers fast coverage across the frame.
- Five fps continuous shooting enables you to capture fast-moving action it crisp, blur-free detail.
- Incredibly lightweight for an SLR, the D5200 makes it easy to capture your family looking wonderful wherever you go.
- The bright 3-inch vari-angle screen lets you capture unique shots from any angle. Boasts a side opening mechanism that makes it easy to shoot self-portraits or use a tripod.
- Special effects mode lets you shoot distinctive still images and movies using a special effect. Offers a range of effects, including colour sketch, miniature effect, night vision and selective colour that lets you emphasise colours of your choice and turns the rest of the image to monochrome.
- Scene Modes automatically adjust camera settings, including picture controls and active D-Lighting, to take the guesswork out of tricky photo situations and deliver optimal results. Simply turn the mode dial to access the most commonly used modes.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 500 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- HDMI (Type C) output, USB 2.0
- H98 x W129 x D78mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Manufacturer's Guarantee
- 1 year
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Li-ion EN-EL14 battery
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- 505g (body only)
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.