Nikon D5300 Digital SLR Camera, HD 1080p, 24.2MP, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.2" Screen, Body Only
Powerful, professional results with the versatility of interchangeable lenses from Nikon. The D5300 is more than a full size DSLR, it’s also a Full HD camcorder with an advanced image processor to let you shoot sharper and faster than ever. Tough and ergonomically designed, it sits solidly in the hand for confident shooting in any situation. It also features a suite of built-in functions like scene selection, movie modes and high speed shooting so you’ll always be ready to capture those special moments.
Nikon makes outstanding image quality possible with a newly developed Nikon DX-format CMOS image sensor and the new EXPEED 4 image-processing engine for shooting at up to 5fps.
Your pictures are ready to send immediately to smart devices for sharing on sites like Facebook. Remote shooting also lets you release the shutter from a distance, while your smart device can operate like a remote live view monitor to confirm the image before you take the snap.
Full HD video
The D5300 also doubles as a high-performance video camera capable of Full HD D-Movies at 1920 x 1080. With 50/60p capture you get smooth, fluid recording, even with fast-moving subjects.
39 point autofocus
More focus points quickly and sharply capture action, even when your subject isn't in the centre of the frame. The D5300 offers wide-area AF coverage and high-density focus points including 9 cross-type sensor in the canter area, helping you to get everything looking as sharp as possible.
Enhance your pictures and movies with nine easy-to-use effects, inlcuding HDR Painting and Toy Camera. You can even check how the effect looks in real time before you shoot.
Battery, charger, strap, USB cable, AV cable, eyepiece cap, accessory shoe cover, eye cup, body cap and ViewNX 2 software.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 500 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- HDMI (Type C) output, USB 2.0, Wi-Fi, tereo mini-pin jack (3.5-mm diameter), accessory shoe
- H78 x W98 x D129mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Flash modes
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- Li-ion EN-EL14a battery
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- 3.2" LCD & EVF
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.