Nikon D7200 DSLR Camera with 18-105mm VR Lens, 24.2 MP, HD 1080p, Built-in Wi-Fi, NFC, 3" LCD Screen
The Nikon D7200 is ready for your next challenge. With an image quality which is second to none, low-light capabilities and the speed of a Nikon DSLR, the D7200 goes beyond the extremes. Coupled with the convenience of built-in Wi-Fi and Near Field Communication (NFC), the DSLR is the first of its kind to offer shoot and share capabilities for your 24.2 megapixel photos and Full HD videos.
The D7200 is free of an optical low-pass filter so it produces remarkably pure, sharp photos and videos. Its 24.2 MP DX-format CMOS image sensor works together with EXPEED 4 image processing and NIKKOR lenses to enhance detail and tonality. The picturesque image quality is maintained all the way up to ISO 25, 600 for amazing low-light images. You can now also expand the ISO range up to BW1 (51, 200) and BW2 (102,400) to shoot monochromatic photos, even in challenging light situations. Whether you are shooting stills or videos, selecting the 1.3x crop mode extends the reach of NIKKOR DX and FX-format lenses so you get more involved with all the action, sports, wildlife and more.
Connect your DSLR to your Smartphone wirelessly with Nikon snapbridge. Quickly and easily share by email, texting or posting online, wherever you are – no hotspot needed. You can even share your photographs on the move, or use a Smartphone or tablet to control your camera.
High-speed frame rate and increased buffer
With a shooting capacity of 6fps, the Nikon DSLR camera is an outstanding choice for sports, wildlife and other fast action. It also has a large buffer capacity that can handle, approximately; 100 shots of continuous shooting when in JPEG/fine/large file formats; up to 27 shots in 12-bit lossless compressed RAW or up to 18 shots when using 14-bit lossless compressed RAW and DX-format image size. Alternatively, switch to 1.3x image size and capture 7fps (approx) in continuous high-speed mode.
The D7200’s superb AF system means that you can capture moments in daylight or after dusk. Its Advanced Multi-CAM 3500 II autofocus sensor module achieves outstanding focus detection, even at a very dim -3 EV (ISO 100, 20ºC/68ºF). Its high-density 51 focus points cover a wide area of the frame in DX format and most of the frame in 1.3x Crop Mode, while 15 cross-type sensors in the centre provide higher detection strength. One centre AF point can even work all the way to f/8, which is great when using teleconverters.
Full HD video recording
Capture HD video at a frame rate of 60p with tack-sharp details, vibrant colours and high-fidelity stereo sound. The improved full-time autofocus will keep moving subjects sharp. And, the advanced Picture Controls like Flat and Clarity make it easier to perfect your movies in post-production.
Experiment and create beautifully rendered time-lapse movies with smooth exposure variations entirely in camera. Make smooth exposure transitions with Auto ISO while monitoring with Highlight Display (Zebra Stripes) and even apply Flat Picture Control for easier colour grading in post.
Turn your images into artistic master pieces with next-generation Picture Controls and a collection of Image Effects – the latter can even be applied to photos and videos in real time. Preserve the details in highlights and shadows, even when the scene includes moving subjects with Active D-lighting and, set white balance simply by selecting the area of the frame that should be white.
Nikon 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Zoom Lens
Capture shots in diverse shooting situations, from wide-angle landscapes and interiors to medium-range sports with the 18-105mm lens. With Vibration Reduction, your images will be sharper with no visible juddering. And for superior image reproduction is an ED glass and aspherical lens element which is built-in to the optical system.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- EN-EL15 Rechargeable Li-ion Battery, MH-25a Battery (may differ by country or area) Charger, UC-E17 USB Cable, AN-DC1 BK Camera Strap, BF-1B Body Cap, DK-5 Eyepiece Cap, DK-23 Rubber Eyecup
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 1,110 shots (CIPA). Movies: Approx. 80 minutes of HD footage
- Battery Size & Number
- Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital SLR
- HDMI output, USB, Stereo microphone input
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 6 frames per second
- H144 x W292 x D218mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3.2" LCD screen
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- NEF (RAW): 12 or 14 bit, lossless compressed or compressed JPEG: JPEG-Baseline compliant with fine (approx. 1:4), normal (approx. 1:8) or basic (approx. 1:16)
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Instant return, electronically controlled
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-105mm VR lens
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD / SDHC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion EN-EL15 battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 23.5 mm x 15.6 mm
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Standard, Neutral, Vivid, Monochrome, Portrait, Landscape, Flat; selected Picture Control can be modified; storage for custom Picture Controls
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 1/8000 to 30 s in steps of 1/3 or 1/2 EV, bulb, time, X250
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- Eye-level Pentaprism Single-Lens Reflex Viewfinder
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Tuesday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.