Nikon FX 70-200mm f/4G ED VR AF-S Telephoto Lens
Product informationWhether you’re shooting sports and wildlife or just looking to frame that perfect moment without disturbing your subject, the Nikon FX 70-200mm f/4G is ready. Take control with manual or automatic focusing and enjoy less tremor blur at extreme range with vibration reduction.
- Vibration reduction is equivalent to a five stop increase in shutter speed for incredibly sharp results.
- The optical design utilises three ED glass elements for purer colours and more natural contrast.
- Nano Crystal Coat suppresses ghosting and flares in all your photographs.
- A Silent Wave Motor (SWM) delivers superior autofocus that’s smoother and quieter than ever before.
- Two focus modes (manual and auto) give you complete control over your photography. AF is possible even with a 2x teleconverter when attached to a an f/8 compatible body.
- The aperture diaphragm utilises an odd number of rounded blades (nine) for natural blur characteristics.
- Shoot as close as 1m throughout the entire zoom range.
- Comes with: 67 mm snap-on front lens cap LC-67, rear lens cap LF-4, bayonet hood HB-60 and flexible lens pouch CL-1225.
Compatible with Nikon FX and DX formats.
- Angle of View Information The amount of the scene the lens can take in
- "Maximum Angle of View (DX-format) 22°50' Minimum Angle of View (DX-format) 8° Maximum Angle of View (FX-format) 34°20' Minimum Angle of View (FX-format) 12°20'"
- Autofocus Motor Information Built-In autofocus engine to supplement your camera
- Camera Type
- Diaphragm Blades Information The amount of blades used to create the aperture
- L178.5 x Dia.78mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Equivalent Focal Length Information Focal length when viewed through cameras with a cropped sensor
- Filter Thread (mm) Information Section inside the front that allows accessories like filters and hoods to be attached
- 67 mm
- Focal Length Information The distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 70 - 200 mm
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Elements Information Amount of glass pieces that make up the lens
- Lens Groups Information Amount of compounds that make up the lens
- Lens Mount Information Type of camera fitting
- Nikon F
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/ 4
- Maximum Reproduction Ratio
- Minimum Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/ 32
- Minimum Focus Distance Information The closest you can get to your subject without losing focus
- 3.28 ft
- Model name / number
- Nikon FX 70-200mm f/4G ED VR AF-S Telephoto Lens JAA815DA
- Sensor Format
- Tripod Collar Information Sometimes called a lens collar, this accessory lets the lens be mounted on a tripod
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Tuesday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days (in time for Christmas)
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.