Niwaki GR Pro Garden Snips
Product code: 85021106
Hard-wearing, heavy-duty 'double yellow' snips from Niwaki for careful, detailed pruning and other jobs in the garden where secateurs are too large and clumsy. And if you've misplaced them after a long day in the garden, the yellow vinyl grip handles will stand out and show up so they can be safely put away.
Hand-forged in Sanjo, Japan from KA-70 carbon steel, these snips have a solid, chunky catch at the bottom and a robust spring. Use them for dead-heading, flowers and light pruning, but leave the heavy stuff to other tools.
Niwaki's GR Pro range is made by a small family business in Yamagata. Second generation Mr Kudo still puts in a full day’s work as he approaches 80, assisted by his wife and their two sons.
How to care for your new snips:
- Clean with a Crean Mate and Camellia oil and then sharpen with a Niwaki #1000 stone every few weeks. Your new tool won't need sharpening for some time, but after a while you'll notice it will gradually lose its edge
- Do not cut wire, metal, stone, plastic or any other hard material. Even bamboo fibres and some very hard woods, especially knots and burrs, can damage steel edges
- Do not twist or apply uneven pressure
- Cut diagonally across branches rather than straight across so you cut along the fibres
- Pay attention to maximum cut dimensions, and don't overdo it
- Use the base of the blades, not the tips, for heavier cuts
- Carbon steel with vinyl grip handles
- Country of Origin
- H2.1 x W5.2 x D20.5cm
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery within 2-7 days, 8am - 8pm, Monday to Saturday. Free on orders over £50, otherwise £4.50.
- Click & Collect
- Free on orders over £30, £2.50 if you spend less. Choose a collection day at checkout, next day available at some locations. Available at Waitrose, selected John Lewis shops, Shell stations and Booths stores.
- Evening delivery to selected cities
- Order before 10am to get same day evening delivery to addresses within London M25, Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds. Available 7 days a week, delivery between 7 – 10pm on a day of your choice. We’ll text you a 1-hour delivery window on the day. Delivered by 100% electric vehicles.
- Next or Named Day Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, 8am - 8pm, 7 days a week. You'll receive a text on the morning of delivery with a 1-hour delivery window.
- Morning Delivery
- Delivery on the day of your choice, by 10.30am available 7 days a week.
- Local Collection Network
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.
Our extended Christmas returns policy
We've extended our usual limit for returns just for the festive season. Any gift bought between 27 September 2023 and 24 December 2023 can be returned up until 23 January 2024, if it's unwanted or unsuitable.