Olympus OM-D E-M1 Compact System Camera with 12-50mm Lens, HD 1080p, 16.3MP, Wi-Fi, EVF, 3" LCD Screen
The new E-M1 gives you more freedom to take the shots you want, with all the image quality you expect. The new E-M1 is the most advanced compact system camera ever produced. It is based on the Micro Four Thirds standard and comes packed with sophisticated technologies like the enhanced Live MOS sensor and TruePic VII image processor.
The include 12-50mm lens also gives you the freedom to shoot anything from wide angle landscapes to intimate portraits.
Live MOS sensor
E-M1 with a new-generation Live MOS image sensor and TruePic VII image processor. The really special thing about this sensor and processor is that they adapt precisely to the specific lens and aperture you’re using – for spectacularly sharp photos and videos with true-to-life vibrancy, plus dramatically reduced chromatic aberration that comes with magnification.
High dynamic range
The E-M1 has the advanced technology to take High Dynamic Range (HDR) images. And you can even preview your HDR images through the E-M1’s electronic viewfinder, enabling you see your HDR image prior to taking your shot and make any adjustments before you release the shutter.
Produce incredible time lapse sequences on film where time appears to move faster than reality, thanks to the E-M1’s powerful interval shooting and time lapse movie features.
Enhance your shots with your own creativity: Play around with different effects by adding one of 12 Art Filters, or tell a story with your shots by combining several shots in a single-frame collage composition.
Take your photographic achievements even further with a host of accessories and add-ons – including the new MMF-3 adapter for Four Thirds lens compatibility and the HLD-7 battery grip.
Adjust aperture and exposure using the two dials, then flick the lever to adjust ISO and white balance with precisely the same action. All in a fraction of a second.
12-50mm lens, detachable flash, battery, charger, body cap, Olympus Viewer 3 software and USB cable.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ lens, FL-LM2 detachable flash, BLN-1 Lithium-Ion Battery, BCN-1 Battery Charger, Micro Four Thirds body cap (BC-2), Olympus Viewer 3, Shoulder Strap, CB-USB6 USB Cable, Operating Instructions, Warranty Card
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 330 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- USB 2.0, HDMI mini, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, 3.5mm mic jack, accessory port 2, synchro socket
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 10 fps
- H9.3 x W13.x D6.3cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" tilting touch screen
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- RAW, JPEG , RAW & JPEG
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Internal Memory
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/3.5 - f/22
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- 3.0 "
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Four Thirds (17.3 x 13 mm)
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 1/8000 - 60 sec
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Type of Battery
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Tuesday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Named or Saturday UK delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.