Olympus PEN E-PL5 Compact System Camera with 14-42mm Lens, HD 1080p, 16.1MP, 3” LCD Touch Screen
Enjoy the flexibility of the micro four thirds lens system with the Olympus PEN E-PL5. Small, fast and very powerful - this camera delivers the range of a DSLR with all the usability of a digital compact. Touch screen controls help you to stay in the moment with intuitive navigation and faster autofocus and shutter release.
- The E-PL5 combines one of the fastest autofocus and with a fast-response touchscreen – heralding a whole new style of shooting. It lets you focus and shoot in an instant. So you can capture the perfection of those fleeting moments.
- The 3-inch LCD display on the E-PL5 has a tilt mechanism that rotates 170 degrees. This lets you take extra-high and extra-low photos with ease, as well as self-portraits where you have a full preview to frame the shot. What’s more: there’s even a customisable self-timer.
- Take your creativity up a notch – with 12 Art Filters and 6 Art Effects designed to turn your photos and movies into striking artworks in an instant on your camera screen. Play around and you’ll be surprised just what visual masterpieces you can create from your photos!
- Now you can transfer your photos and videos straight from your PEN to other devices like your smartphone – both wirelessly and conveniently with an Eye-fi card. Perfect for posting them on social networking sites fast and without any fuss.
- Keep things bright with this add-on flash, included with your PEN, which also detaches to make sure things stay light as well.
- Reduce camera shake with in-body stabilisation that extends to any lens you use – including wide-angles.
- Take clever shortcuts for speedy shots: with a fast-access mode dial and programmable smart buttons.
- Includes: lens, flash, battery, charger, body cap, shoulder strap, USB cable, AV cable and viewer software.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 330 shots per charge
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- USB 2.0, HDMI mini
- Digital Bridge
- H63.7 x W110.5 x D38.2mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card (included)
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- PEN E-PL5
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- BLS-5 Li-ion battery (included)
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.