Olympus PEN E-PL8 Compact System Camera with 14-42mm EZ Lens, HD 1080p, 16.1MP, 3" LCD Touch Screen, Tan
Highly stylish and packed full of features, the Olympus PEN E-PL8 compact system camera is brilliant whether you're expressing your creativity or taking simple snaps or selfies. With a fresh body redesign, the E-PL8 is classy and impressively capable. Featuring a tiltable LCD touch screen, built-in Wi-Fi and a sensor that will let you take high resolution photos and Full HD video, the E-PL8 exudes sophistication.
The camera body’s aesthetic design has been refined and streamlined for an improved look and feel over previous models. The front, top and grip have been redesigned for better handling, and a premium makeover makes the E-PL8 a camera with highly desirable looks to match its brilliant features.
The E-PL8 uses 81 focus points to quickly and accurately help you focus on the subject of your photo. That means you can get the snap you want much quicker, making it easier to capture fleeting moments or give you more time to concentrate on your framing. It also features continuous video focus, so you can keep on filming without having to manually adjust every time your subject moves.
Exclusive Smart EZ Lens
Olympus’ M.Zuiko 14-42mm EZ Lens is small, smart and portable. With its electronic zoom, you can control it remotely through the ImageShare app and deliver smoother video zoom. Its premium construction features a durable metal lens mount, and a compact size that’s perfect for carrying around.
The 3-inch LCD touch screen on the E-PL8 has a tilt mechanism that rotates 170 degrees, letting you take extra-high and extra-low photos with ease. And it’s perfect for selfies because you have a full preview to frame the shot. An updated configuration also makes it easier to select functions and settings, as well as choosing the subject you want to focus on in your shot.
Take your creativity up a notch – with 9 Effects, including 14 Art Filters designed to turn your photos and movies into striking artworks in an instant on your camera screen. Play around and you’ll be surprised just what visual masterpieces you can create from your photos!
E-PL8 features built-in Wi-Fi, which makes it easier than ever to share your photos. It's perfect for posting them on social networking sites or emailing them to friends fast and without any fuss.
Keep things bright with this add-on flash, included with your PEN, which also detaches to make sure things stay light as well.
Reduce camera shake with in-body stabilisation that extends to any lens you use – including wide-angles.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- M.ZUIKO DIGITAL ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ lens, Flash FL-LM1, Li-ion battery BLS-50, Li-ion battery charger BCS-5, Body Cap BC-2, USB cable, Shoulder strap, OLYMPUS Viewer 3 (CD-ROM), Instruction Manual, Warranty Card
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 350 shots per charge
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- USB 2.0, HDMI mini, Accessory Port
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 3.7 fps at full resolution
- H6.83 x W11.71 x D3.84cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" Tiltable LCD ‑ Touch Panel
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Internal Memory
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- F3.5 - 5.6
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Micro Four Thirds
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Megapixels Information 1 Megapixel is equal to 1 million pixels. A pixel is an individual element of a digital image. Megapixels determine the resolution of an image and the more you have the higher the quality of the image.
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- Live MOS
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 60 - 1/4000 sec. (Not available when Bulb or Time is selected.)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Type of Battery
- BLS‑50 Lithium‑Ion Battery (included)
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- 374g (including battery and memory card)
- Wireless networking
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Thursday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Daily next/named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.