Olympus Pen F Compact System Camera With M.ZUIKO 17mm Prime Lens, HD 1080p, 20.3MP, Wi-Fi, Front Creative Dial, 5-Axis IS, 3" Vari-Angle Touch Monitor, Silver, Black
Finished with fine vintage charm, Olympus’ Pen F culminates 80 years of excellence. With its retro body and state-of-the-art features, this magnificent camera marries old and new like never before. Take high-spec snaps with the 20.3MP MOS sensor, share seamlessly through Wi-Fi and flex your imagination with the liberating Creative Dial. Backed by decades of pedigree, Olympus will let you relive the advent of portable photography with beastly quality.
Armed with 20.3MP and the TruePic VII image processor, you’ll shoot sharp, eye-popping pictures at lightning speed. To complement still-life work, the 50M HiRes-Shot mode combines 8 shots in one to serve searing clarity. The included M.ZUIKO 17mm Prime Lens boasts a huge 1.8 aperture, giving striking depth-of-field blur for portraiture. Furthermore, the sky-high 25600 ISO delivers top low-light performance, without the noise. All in all, the Pen F is the instrument of a professional.
The Pen F’s 5-axis image stabiliser makes it much easier to iron out blur in on-the-move shots. This way, you’ll capture fast-moving action or spur-of-the-moment snaps with pin-sharp clarity.
Flair-Inviting Creative Dial
This camera’s unique Creative Dial is a fresh take on picture customisation. At a flick of the front switch, you can explore 4 modes. The Monochrome Profile Control lets you tinker with classic photo filters, the Colour Profile Control lets you toggle the saturation of 12 colours, the Art Filters mode gives a range of 14 effects and the Colour Creator lets you create a new hue to tinge your photo with. Such modes open up on-the-spot creativity so you can make your shots personal in an instant.
Intelligent Electronic Viewfinder
Frame your shots with finite efficiency through the High Visibility Viewfinder. Filled with 2.36MP resolution, your previews will be crisp, vivid and fluid. Apply effects in real-time to check if it works and track the sophisticated autofocus. Whatever you shoot, this is the ideal platform for pre and post production.
Wireless Sharing & Control
Using the OLYMPUS Image Share app (iOS & Android), you can control your Pen F and share content wirelessly. Once you link your smart device through Wi-Fi, you can import your shots at the touch of the ‘share’ icon on the monitor. Once imported, sharing on social media platforms is quick and easy. You can also use your smart device as a remote. Perfect for a nature shooting, you can use it as a live view to snap shots from your sofa. Other features include GPS tagging and in-depth photo editing.
4K Time Lapse
Take advantage of the 4K revolution and make spectacular Time Lapse videos. Just create a series of images over time, like a sunset, then recompile them quickly into a sped-up 4K Time Lapse piece. This brilliant mode will add a new edge to your photography.
Vari-Angle LCD Touch Screen
The 3” Touch Screen on the camera’s rear lets you get into the most awkward of angles with its tiltable design. Just pull the screen toward you for it to tilt down, giving you a whole new avenue of possibility.
Vintage Build, Premium Finish
Gloriously textured and ergonomically shaped, the Pen F is a masterpiece of design. Its light aluminium body will mould in your hand as it becomes a portal of your imagination.
- Powerful Live MOS, 20.3MP Sensor
- Top notch 25600 ISO delivers staggering low-light performance
- TruePic VII Processor and 5-Axis Image Stabiliser give stunning results
- Innovative Creative Dial opens up new photographic avenues
- Electronic 2.36MP Viewfinder makes shooting crisp and fluid
- Seamless sharing and remote control through the app
- Ravishingly retro look and premium build
Lenses and cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be. The longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- FL-LM3 flash, BLN-1 Li-ion battery , BCN-1 Li-ion battery charger , USB cable, shoulder strap, Olympus Viewer 3 (CD-ROM), instruction manual, warranty card, M.ZUIKO 17mm Prime Lens
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx. 330 shots (using BLN-1 and TOSHIBA SD with IS ON, based on CIPA test standards)
- Battery Size & Number
- Li-ion BLN-1 battery
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- Hot shoe, HDMI (Micro-connector, Type D), USB 2.0 High-Speed, Combined V & USB output, Wi-Fi
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- Packaged: H8.3 x W22 x D22cm. Unpackaged: H7.2 x W12.5 x D3.7cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Wi-Fi Direct
- 3" Vari-Angle LCD Touch Screen
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- RAW, RAW & JPEG, JPEG, MPO
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- F1.8 - F22
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Micro Four Thirds Prime Lens
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- Pen F
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion BLN-1 battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- 4/3" Live MOS Sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Portrait, e-Portrait, Landscape, Landscape + Portrait, Sport, Hand-held Starlight*1, Night scene, Night + Portrait, Children, High Key, Low Key, DIS mode, Macro, Nature Macro, Candle, Sunset, Documents, Panorama, Fireworks, Beach & Snow, Fisheye Conv., W
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 1/8000 - 60 sec
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- Full HD, 1080p
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- High-Visibility, Electronic With 2.36MP resolution
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Packaged: 1.24kg. Unpackaged: 0.37kg
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops Monday from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.