Discover a more conscious way to shop beauty with our rewarding recycling scheme, exclusively for My John Lewis members.Plus, to celebrate Earth Day, we’re treating you to a double reward from 19 April - 3 May. Enjoy £10 off your next beauty purchase* when you recycle five beauty empties through BeautyCycle.
*Usual reward £5 off your next beauty purchase.
What is BeautyCycle? BeautyCycle was launched in 2019 and is the first rewarding beauty recycling initiative to be available to My John Lewis members across the UK. Through BeautyCycle, you can recycle a broad range of beauty packaging, and we’ll treat you to £5 off your next beauty purchase every time you return five beauty empties to us.
Which products can I recycle? Most completely empty make-up or skincare products including beauty jars, tubes, bottles and make-up products.
For a full list of what we can and can't accept, please see the T&Cs at the bottom of this page.
Why have we created BeautyCycle as our solution to beauty waste?The beauty industry is a big contributor to global pollution, producing around 120 billion units of packaging each year, little of which can be recycled at home.Working in partnership with a leading global recycling expert, BeautyCycle helps to eliminate this waste by recycling your beauty empties for you and rewarding you in return.
What’s been the impact of BeautyCycle so far?Since November 2019, more than 26,000 My John Lewis members have donated 46,000 times to BeautyCycle, saving an incredible 231,000 products from going to landfill.
How do I take part?
Sign up for free to be a My John Lewis member and bring in five or more empty beauty products to our shops.
Hand them over at any beauty counter when making your next beauty purchase.
Show your My John Lewis card to enjoy £5 off* your next beauty product.
Where do my products go?From the collection points in our shops, our recycling experts will take your products and either recycle or compost them, or turn them into new products.
Our Playground CommitmentThis year, we launched our Playground Commitment. In partnership with a leading global recycling expert, we’ll use the beauty products you’ve recycled with us to build and donate playgrounds to communities across the UK.Our first playground opens in April at The NHS Becton Centre for Children and Young People, and we’ll be opening more in 2021. We are so proud not only to divert used beauty products away from landfill, but to create fantastic playgrounds made entirely of recycled materials that patients and their families can enjoy. Every time you use our BeautyCycle scheme, you’ll be helping us create these fun outdoor spaces for those who need it most.
Terms & Conditions
- From 19 April 2021 - 3 May 2021 the BeautyCycle reward entitles My John Lewis members to double the usual £5 off reward to £10 off their next beauty purchase when they recycle a minimum of five used beauty products from any brand.
- £10 off has to be redeemed at the point of exchange.
- Reward redeemable once per visit at any John Lewis & Partners shop with a Beauty Department.
- Only one offer can be used per transaction - for example, BuyBack and BeautyCycle rewards cannot be redeemed in the same transaction.
- Reward cannot be redeemed on electrical items or home fragrance.
- Customers must present their My John Lewis card to be scanned.
- No cash alternative available.
- Used products must be empty.
- We can accept the following items: all beauty jars, tubes and caps (including glass), shampoo/conditioner bottles and caps, non-pressurised hair spray bottles, lip beauty products (tubes, lipstick, lip balm), mascara tubes, eye liner pencils and cases, eyeshadow tubes/palettes, concealer/foundation tubes/sticks. We cannot accept the following items: aerosol cans, perfume bottles, nail polish bottles, hairbrushes, toothbrushes, and any electronic items such as blow dryers and straighteners.
- Participating stores are as follows; John Lewis Oxford Street, John Lewis Liverpool, Peter Jones, John Lewis Cambridge, John Lewis Bluewater, John Lewis Stratford, John Lewis Brent Cross, John Lewis Cheadle, John Lewis Southampton, John Lewis Nottingham, John Lewis Cribbs Causeway, John Lewis Milton Keynes, John Lewis High Wycombe, John Lewis Glasgow, John Lewis Solihull, John Lewis Cheltenham, John Lewis Kingston, John Lewis White City Westfield, John Lewis Cardiff, John Lewis Reading, John Lewis Welwyn, John Lewis Oxford, John Lewis Exeter, John Lewis Norwich, John Lewis Edinburgh, John Lewis Leeds, John Lewis Trafford, John Lewis Newcastle, John Lewis Leicester, John Lewis Chelmsford.
- John Lewis & Partners have the right to amend or retract this offer at any time.
- £10 reward is applicable to full-sized and travel-sized products included in the list of items at point 9.