Finished your face cream? Used the last of your lip balm? We’ll recycle your empty beauty product containers for free.
Not only can we recycle a broad range of beauty packaging that you’ll struggle to recycle at home – if you’re a My John Lewis member, you’ll get £5 off when you spend £20 or more on Beauty that day too. Just bring in five or more clean, empty beauty product containers to any of our beauty counters. (Unfortunately we can't take glass containers or aerosols.)
The cosmetics industry produces 120 billion units of packaging every year – little of which can be recycled at home. BeautyCycle helps to eliminate this waste by recycling your beauty empties for you. It’s all part of our Partnership Plan.
Which products can I recycle?
We accept clean, empty tubs, tubes, caps and lids, shampoo/conditioner bottles and caps, non-pressurised hairspray bottles, lip products (tubes, lipstick, lip balm), mascara tubes, eyeliner pencils and cases, eyeshadow tubes and palettes, concealer and foundation tubes and sticks – including testers. However, we can’t accept aerosols or glass containers.
How do I claim my £5 off?
Drop off five clean empties at any beauty counter when spending £20 or more on Beauty (sorry, we don't take glass containers or aerosols)
Show your My John Lewis card and enjoy £5 off, there and then
Where do my products go?From the collection points in our shops, our recycling experts will take your empty product containers and either recycle or compost them.
See how you’re making a differenceIn 2020, we launched our Playground Commitment in partnership with a global recycling expert, and in April 2021, we helped to support the making of a playground at the NHS Becton Centre for Children and Young People. All thanks to you recycling your empty beauty products with us.
Terms & Conditions
- The BeautyCycle reward entitles My John Lewis members to £5 off their next beauty purchase when they hand over a minimum of five clean, empty beauty products from any brand.
- My John Lewis members must spend a minimum of £20 (following the application of any applicable discount or offer) on beauty to qualify for the Offer.
- £5 off has to be redeemed at the point of exchange.
- Reward redeemable once per day at any John Lewis & Partners shop with a Beauty department.
- Only one Offer can be used for each transaction of £20 or more.
- Reward cannot be redeemed on electrical items or home fragrance.
- Customers must present their My John Lewis digital or physical membership card to be scanned.
- No cash alternative available.
- Used products must be empty.
- We can accept the following items: all beauty jars, tubes and caps (excluding glass), shampoo/conditioner bottles and caps, non-pressurised hairspray bottles, lip beauty products (tubes, lipstick, lip balm), mascara tubes, eye liner pencils and cases, eyeshadow tubes and palettes, concealer and foundation tubes and sticks - including testers. We can not accept aerosol cans, glass containers, perfume bottles, nail polish bottles, hairbrushes, toothbrushes and any electronic items such as blow dryers and straighteners.
- Participating stores are as follows; John Lewis Oxford Street, John Lewis Liverpool, Peter Jones, John Lewis Cambridge, John Lewis Bluewater, John Lewis Stratford, John Lewis Brent Cross, John Lewis Cheadle, John Lewis Southampton, John Lewis Nottingham, John Lewis Cribbs Causeway, John Lewis Milton Keynes, John Lewis High Wycombe, John Lewis Glasgow, John Lewis Solihull, John Lewis Cheltenham, John Lewis Kingston, John Lewis White City Westfield, John Lewis Cardiff, John Lewis Reading, John Lewis Welwyn, John Lewis Oxford, John Lewis Exeter, John Lewis Norwich, John Lewis Edinburgh, John Lewis Leeds, John Lewis Trafford, John Lewis Newcastle, John Lewis Leicester, John Lewis Chelmsford. Please note this list is subject to change at our discretion.
- John Lewis & Partners have the right to amend or retract this offer at any time.