Panasonic DMP-UB400EBK Smart 4K UHD Blu-Ray/DVD Player with Built-in Wi-Fi & High Resolution Audio, Ultra HD Premium Certified
The beautifully compact UB400 delivers awe-inspiring cinema-quality entertainment to your 4K TV. Ultra HD Premium certified, as well as playing 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays, it upscales Full HD content to breathtakingly detailed 4K resolution. Supporting HDR, and armed with Panasonic's 4K High-Precision Chroma Processor, it offers a picture quality of stunning detail, depth, and a staggering colour range. With High Resolution Audio, its sound quality is just as amazing as the visuals, while built-in Wi-Fi opens up the world of 4K streaming. Twin HDMI ports ensure it makes the highest quality connections with your AV set-up to become your complete home entertainment hub.
Ultra High Definition Visuals
The next phase in visual entertainment, Ultra HD Blu-ray allows you to watch movies in unprecedented detail. With four times the resolution and pixel density of a standard Blu-ray disc, the picture gives incredible depth, natural motion, and realism. The experience of UHD is being described as "more like looking through a window than watching TV".
4K High-Precision Chroma Processor
The colours on your screen are given greater definition, bringing them to vivid life. 4K High-Precision Chroma Processor signals are interpolated into 4K resolution for visuals that are rich in natural texture, depth, and astonishing colour.
With 4K Direct Chroma Upscaling, the UB400 converts Full HD content into a 4K signal to give it the sparkling Ultra High Definition makeover. So Full HD films, programmes and standard Blu-rays look better than ever before.
Relive your most cherished moments on the big screen in vivid detail with 4K Networking. It allows you to connect your 4K camcorder or camera to your 4K TV, displaying your travelling videos and images in magnificent high-resolution. With Wi-Fi built-in, the UB400 is ready to stream 4K content from services like Netflix and Amazon (subscription required).
Even if your 4K TV doesn't have colour-boosting High Dynamic Range (HDR) this player uses Optimised Tone Remapping to deliver the best possible picture quality on a standard dynamic range television.
High Resolution Audio
The UB400 places you further into the action with High-Resolution Audio Playback. It enhances the sound's detail, to give you a more authentic, immersive listening experience. WAV/FLAC/MP3/AAC/WMA/DSD and ALAC music formats are given master studio sound quality. And a dedicated optical audio output ensures a High Clarity Sound Premium signal is channelled.
At just 32cm wide, the UB400 is a remarkably compact player despite its high spec visual credentials. As such it fits seamlessly and discreetly into your home AV set-up, giving you more placement options, and more space.
It'll happily play your DVDs and CDs too so you can dig out your old favourites. It even features BBC iPlayer for direct access to the BBC's catch-up TV service (internet connection required).
Please note: a 4K TV is required to enjoy the 4K UHD picture.
Please note: A Smart Blu-Ray Player is a platform that can run 3rd party Apps. 3rd party content providers may remove Apps from the Smart TV platform or stop supporting them at any time, and we cannot guarantee an App’s availability. When new Smart Blu-Ray Player products are launched, there may be also be a delay before certain Apps become available. Availability of Apps is not included within the terms of the manufacturer’s warranty, or the John Lewis 2-year Guarantee for audio visual products, or the 5-year Guarantee for TVs.
Delivery information:If you buy a large screen TV along with this item, please note that they'll be delivered separately.
- 3D Ready
- Accessories Included
- Remote Control, Batteries, Guide
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Dolby Digital +
- Care instructions
- Included in box
- Digital tuner Information Built-in digital tuners let you receive channels through an aerial with Freeview or through a satellite dish with freesat
- H19.3 x W32 x D45cm
- DLNA Information Digital Living Network Alliance compatible - lets you build a digital network around the home with other DLNA devices
- File Formats
- BDAV, AVCHD, AVCHD 3D, JPEG, MPO, MKV, DVD-Video, DVD Video Recording, AVCHD
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- HDR Information Expanding contrast ratio and colour palettes, this product’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatibility gives greater glow and visual depth than regular HD content.
- Internet Ready Information Internet enabled devices allow you access to a wealth of online content through Wi-Fi, dongle or Ethernet connection.
- Yes - Built-in Wi-Fi
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Model name / number
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2 x HDMI, 2 x USB, 1 x Ethernet
- Power Consumption - On Mode Information The average daily power consumption based on EU measures. Rated power consumption based on maximum continuous use may differ.
- Power Consumption - Stand By Information Amount used when on standby, based on EU regulations
- Recording Capacity (hours)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy