Panasonic Lumix DC-FZ82 Bridge Camera, 4K UHD, 18.1MP, 60x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, Live Viewfinder, 3" LCD Touch Screen
With an ultra wide-angle lens, powerful optical zoom and superior controllability, Panasonic's Lumix FZ82 is a hugely versatile bridge camera that produces awesome image and movie quality. Zoom in from amazing distances or try up-close macro photography, all kept super-sharp with powerful optical image stabilisation. 4K UHD resolution means your videos are stunningly lush and detailed, and you can select the perfect still from your footage with the 4K Photo feature. With fast autofocus and built for hands-on, manual use, the FZ82 is the ideal camera for capturing amazing moments both near and far.
An 18.1 megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor captures the image with incredible detail and sharpness, while the refined Venus Engine processes the data at amazing speed with rich colour, contrast and tone gradation. It ensures the highest quality image, even in sensitive recording, so it's perfect for zooming in on the detail from afar, and for macro photography. And a high ISO sensitivity ensures pictures look just as good when shooting in low light conditions.
Powerful Zoom Lens
The powerful LUMIX DC VARIO 20mm ultra wide-angle lens offers a 60x optical zoom (extendable to 120x with intelligent zoom) so you can hone in the action from an amazing distance. Or if you want to shoot in extreme close up, the FZ82 is brilliant at macro photography, focussing as close as 1cm from the lens. POWER Optical Image Stabilisation ensures your shots are always blur-free, and applies to video too.
With a resolution of 3840x2160 (at 25p), your video footage is always reliably smooth and breathtakingly detailed, while various recording options are available for extra adventurous shots, e.g. High Speed, Time Lapse and Stop Motion.
With 4K Photo you can select the perfect shot from a 30 frames per second burst file to save that perfect composition as a high quality still image, or utilise 4K Live Cropping.
High precision autofocus uses Depth from Defocus technology to calculate the focus point with amazing speed and accuracy. The FZ82's autofocus speed has been refined to just 0.09sec. And the Post Focus feature allows you to choose the in-focus area after shooting, a neat feature in any photo, but especially handy in macro shooting where fine adjustments have a big effect on the overall image.
With built-in Wi-Fi it's easy to connect wirelessly with your smart device, for easy sharing of your work.
The grip has been re-engineered over the previous model, and the whole camera has been constructed to give full manual control over both still and movie recording, giving a huge range of creative shooting options. The Live Viewfinder allows you to capture subjects in clear focus, and the rear touch screen gives easy hands-on operation and shot preview options.
- Accessories Included
- Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Shoulder Strap, Lens Cap, Lens Cap String
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx. 330 images (rear monitor), 240 images (LVF)
- Battery Size & Number
- Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 895mAh, 6.5 Wh)
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Bridge
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- micro HDMI, micro USB
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H9.43 x W11.92 x D13.02cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- TFT Screen LCD Display (1040k dots), Static Touch Control, Field of View: Approx. 100%, Wide Viewing-angle, AF Coating
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Still Image: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.3), RAW, DPOF. Motion Picture: AVCHD Progressive, AVCHD, MP4
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- F2.8 - 5.9 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F2.8 - 8.0 (W), F5.9 - 8.0 (T)
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- LUMIX DC VARIO
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- 1x lithium-ion battery and charger
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Intelligent Auto, P, A, S, M, Creative Video, C (Custom), Panorama Shot, Scene Guide, Creative Control
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- Still Image: Approx. 4-1/2,000 sec (Mechanical Shutter) / Approx. 1-1/16,000 sec (Electronic Shutter) / Artistic Nightscape (Approx. 60 sec). Motion Picture: Approx. 1/25-1/16,000 sec / Approx. 1/2-1/16,000 sec (Creative Video M Mode / MF Mode)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 3840 x 2160 pixels, 30p
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- 0.2" Live View Finder (1,166k dots equiv.), Field of View: Approx. 100%, Lens 19.6x/Magnification: Approx. 2.59x / 0.46x (35 mm camera equivalent)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Approx. 616g with Battery and SD Memory Card. Approx. 572g without Battery and SD Memory Card
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.