Panasonic Lumix DC-GX800 Compact System Camera with 12-32mm Interchangeable Lens, 4K Ultra HD, 16MP, 4x Digital Zoom, Wi-Fi, 3" Tiltable LCD Touch Screen, Black
The GX800 is a very sleek and stylish, high performing compact system camera, particularly fine for selfies and stunning panorama shots. Amazing 4K image quality, gloriously detailed 4K video and impressively rapid autofocus combine to make this a powerful camera with deceptively compact looks. Wi-Fi makes it super easy to share your snaps and movies wirelessly, and intelligent auto functions make it a joy to use, and ensure your pics, and you, look as good as possible.
The 16 megapixel Digital LIVE MOS sensor packs your images with crisp detail, stunning contrast gradation and rich colour. And with a maximum ISO 25600 you'll still be able to take clear and detailed shots in low light settings. Driven by the refined Venus Engine, images are processed with amazing colour scope, hue and saturation, and all at unbelievable speed.
4K Video, 4K Photo
With a 4K UHD resolution of 3840x2160 (at 30p) your movies will be amazingly detailed and super-smooth. And the 4K Photo feature allows you to select that perfect frame to save as a high quality still image.
A Contrast AF system uses Depth from Defocus technology to achieve an amazing autofocus speed of 0.07sec. So you can keep locked onto fast-moving subjects with extreme accuracy. And the neat Post Focus feature means you can even select the required focus point of your image after you've taken the shot, simply by touching the rear screen.
It's supplied with a LUMIX G VARIO 12-32mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. MEGA O.I.S lens. This highly portable, standard zoom lens is ideal for getting the best out of the GX800. Starting from a 24mm wide angle (35mm camera equivalent), it's a very versatile lens, great for both dynamic landscapes and casual everyday snapshots, portraits and selfies. And with MEGA optical image stabilisation your shots will always be free of blurring.
The rear screen is fully tiltable up to 180 degrees. Once it's flipped, the camera automatically enters Self Shot mode so it's brilliant for that urgently-required selfie! And with Beauty Retouch and Background Control features you can ensure you look your best, and choose whether the background is clear or defocused for an extra layer of visual panache. Particularly good at capturing extra-wide landscape shots, panoramas are also available in Self Shot mode, and all in fantastic 4K.
Built-in Wi-Fi makes it easy to connect up with your smart device, so instant sharing of your best pictures and movies is a breeze.
Ease of Use
Making a range of more creative options easy, Creative Control, Creative Panorama and Photo Style (including Monochrome) modes are all available to give your pics added style. In addition, Intelligent Auto and Scene Guide modes make it simple and intuitive to get the very best out of your photography.
The image stabilisation on this camera is Lens Only.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, AC Cable, USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap, Lens Cap
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx. 210 images
- Battery Size & Number
- Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 680mAh, 4.9Wh)
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- micro HDMI, micro USB, Mic In
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 30 fps
- H6.46 x W10.65 x D3.33cm (excluding protrusions)
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- TFT LCD monitor with static touch control, Tiltable
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- JPEG, RAW, MPO, AVCHD, MP4
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- F3.5 (Wide) - F5.6 (Tele)
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 12-32mm (24-64mm 35mm camera equivalent)
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- LUMIX G VARIO ASPH MEGA O.I.S.
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- micro SD, micro SDHC, micro SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 17.3 x 13mm
- Sensor Type
- Live MOS Sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Still image: 23 modes. Motion Picture: 20 modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- Still image: Time (Max. 60 second), 1/16,000 - 60 (Shutter type Auto). Motion picture: 1/16,000 - 1/25
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 3840 x 2160, 30p
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Approx. 269g (microSD card, Battery, Body). Approx. 239g (Body only). Approx. 336g (microSD card, Battery, lens included)
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days (in time for Christmas)
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.