2 years' Added Care for your technology (accidental damage cover)
All electrical products you buy from us are guaranteed for a minimum of 2 years, at no extra cost. With Added Care, you'll enjoy the same benefits for a period of up to 5 years, while also adding further benefits not included in the original guarantee. More about Added Care
Claim an additional 3 year guarantee at no extra cost
The supplier may ask you to produce a copy of your VAT receipt.
Click here to view steps on how to obtain a VAT receipt.
For full terms and conditions and how to claim, click here.
Product code: 82929007
High-spec camera tech packed into a light compact body makes Panasonic's super-zoom DC-TZ93 the ideal travel camera, for a professional quality record of all your holidays and adventures. Boasting 4K Video, 20.3MP and amazingly far-reaching 30x optical zoom, this small package yields superb results. The brand's crystal-clear LEICA lens is backed by a large 1/2.3" MOS sensor for pin-sharp clarity, with built-in Wi-Fi for easy wireless sharing. A fully flippable rear touch screen means it's great for super-quality selfies. And with other features like post-focus, HYBRID optical image stabiliser and intuitive Live View Finder, this camera gives you the power of premium photography ...in your pocket.
Exceptional Compact Power
Far larger than in most compact cameras, the TZ93’s 1/2.3” MOS sensor delivers delightful colour and clarity. It works just as well in low light settings, capturing sharp imagery with minimum visual noise. Filled with 20.3 megapixels, your snaps will be rich and beautiful, from dusk till dawn. All of this power is channelled with rapid speed through the brand’s state-of-the-art Venus image processor, supplying luscious shots in an instant.
Extreme Flexibility with High-Powered LEICA Zoom Lens
The TZ93 features a stunningly powerful zoom for such a small camera. With huge 30x optical zoom, 60x intelligent zoom and 2x digital zoom, you’ll get a crisp shot of your subject wherever you are, zeroing in on far horizons with high detail. The lens’ broad f3.3 – 6.4 aperture range gives you space to experiment with background/subject separation too, letting you tailor your shot to landscapes or portraits. It also features HYBRID Optical Image Stabiliser – using 5-axis correction to deliver crisp, blur-free video. Depth from Defocus technology opens up a world of super-quick autofocus so you can capture fast-moving subjects with reliable accuracy. All this powerful tech combines to let you go as far as your creativity will take you.
Dazzlingly Detailed 4K Video
4K has four times the pixel density of Full HD and this camera lets you capture your memories in this ultra-crisp resolution. Shoot 4K video at 30fps to capture the action in smooth hyper-detail. The 4K Photo function lets you select the perfect split-second moment from your Ultra HD footage to save as an 8MP equivalent still.
Before or after you’ve taken your shot, this camera keeps you in the driver’s seat. The innovative Post-Focus mode lets you decide what’s in focus after you’ve taken the photo. This way, you can optimise any part of a picture when you’re reviewing a day’s haul. The 0.2” Live View Finder is ideal for giving you a perfect view of the frame even in the brightest sunlight. It automatically turns on when you hold it up to your eyes, and with manual control rings and vivid 3” LCD Touch Screen you have complete control as you line up your shots.
With built-in Wi-Fi, this camera can connect to your smart phone or tablet wirelessly, letting you share your shots in an instant. You can even download the Panasonic Image App (available on iOS & Android) to control the TZ93 remotely.
Super Selfie-friendly Screen
The rear LCD touch screen gives you direct fingertip control. And it flips up fully to 180° for super-classy selfies. Whether for a group photo abroad, or yourself looking your best, the TZ93 takes the quality of the self-portrait to the next level.
Add Flair with Filters
Give your work the artistic touch with this camera’s wealth of effects. Use the Creative Control mode to add such filters as Old Days, Retro or Dynamic Monochrome, or adjust the look with such scene setting as Appetizing Food, Silky Skin or Glistening Water. This is only a snippet of the hours of fun you can have experimenting.
- 1/2.3” MOS Sensor delivers professional power
- Super high detail with 20.3MPs
- Super-Zoom LEICA lens gives astonishing 30x optical zoom
- Crystal-clear clarity with 4K Video & Photo
- Post-Focus function lets you adjust focus after taking a photo
- 3” LCD Touch Screen gives you state-of-the-art control and flips up for easy self-portraits
- Integrated Wi-Fi lets you pair it up to your smart device
This kit is supplied with a camera case and additional battery to keep your TZ-93 pristine, protected and shooting for longer.
- Accessories Included
- Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap, Camera Case, Additional Battery
This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery Size & Number
- Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1025mAh, 7.4 Wh)
- Battery life
How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx. 380 images (Rear Screen), 250 images (Viewfinder)
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- microHDMI typeD, USB2.0 Micro-B
- Continuous Shooting Speed
Continuous Shooting Speed
The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H67.3 x W11.2 x D4.12cm
- Direct printing
Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Wi-Fi Direct
- TFT Screen LCD Display (1040k dots), Tiltable Monitor/Static Touch Control/Field of View: Approx. 100%, Wide Viewing-angle, AF Coating
- Face Detection
Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Stills: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.3) / RAW, DPOF. Movies: AVCHD Progressive, AVCHD, MP4
Allows your camera to detect and record where a picture is taken
- Hard drive
Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation
Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture
Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- F3.3 - 6.4 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F3.3 - 8.0 (W), F6.4 - 8.0 (T))
- Lens Type
Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR/12 elements in 9 groups/(5 Aspherical Lenses / 10 Aspherical surfaces)
Extreme close-up shots of small subjects like insects or plants
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating
Maximum ISO Rating
Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC (Compatible with UHS-I UHS Speed Class 3 Standard SDHC / SDXC)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled
Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording
Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Battery
- Red-Eye Reduction
Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size
- Self Timer
Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- Shooting Modes
- 24 (Including: Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky)
- Shutter Speeds
The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- Stills: Approx. 4 - 1/2,000 sec (Mechanical Shutter)/Approx. 1 - 1/16,000 sec (Electronic Shutter)/Artistic Nightscape (Approx. 30 sec). Movies: Approx. 1/25 - 1/16,000 sec/Approx. 1/2 - 1/16,000 sec (Creative Video M Mode / MF Mode)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread
- Video Resolution
- 3840 x 2160 (4K UHD)
The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- 322g with Battery and SD Card. 280g without Battery and SD Card
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital)
Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- Zoom (optical)
Higher the zoom, the closer you can get to the subject. In optical, the lens physically moves, maintaining more quality than digital zoom.
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
- International delivery
- Not available
- Find out how we may still help you
- Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops from 2pm tomorrow
- Collect+ from a local shop from tomorrow
- Returning an item
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis and Waitrose Shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy