Panasonic Lumix DMC-FT30 Waterproof Camera, 16.1MP, 4x Optical Zoom, 2.7 LCD Screen
The Lumix DMC-FT30 is a casual yet tough camera which can handle whatever life throws at it. Built for active lifestyles, you can enjoy easy shooting in-style both in town and during outdoors adventure pursuits. With credit to the waterproof, shockproof and freezeproof protections, the DMC-FT30 is more than just a camera.
The 16.1 megapixels can capture a world of moments on its expanding 220MB built-in memory card. With 4x optical zoom and 8x intelligent zoom, you can get up close and personal with your surroundings and take down every single detail. With the Creative panorama function, it’s possible to even shoot a horizontal or vertical panoramic image with consequent shots taken by overlaying the previous picture. The Creative Control (recording mode) and the Creative Retouch (playback mode) can then give you the vision of an artist, leveraging the various filter effects.
Even when you are in action, the MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) can compensate for any blurring caused. Just a slight hand-shake movement is accurately detected by a sampling frequency of 4,000 times per second. The result is a sharp, clear image which is witness to your venturing abilities.
MP4 HD video recording
Record videos in high definition, 1280 x 720p MP4 format with the press of an independent motion picture button. Shot in 25 fps, the Motion Picture Recording offers a true-to-life recording of your experiences. Better still, the button is conveniently located on the frame for you to switch between photo and video shooting instantly.
Even in underwater environments or at night, the torch light supports the recordings of beautiful videos. The functionality also has the possibility to only turn the light on, to light up the subject while the camera function is not activated.
The landscape or specific subjects can be recorded over a time period too. The Time Lapse Shot functionality means that you can leave the camera to record a stationary observation. A series of sequent images can then be combined in a camera to produce a time lapse video.
Built to last
The DMC-FT30 has been designed to withstand an action-packed lifestyle. Capable of diving down in to 8 meters of water, the compact camera is perfect for snapping-up the underwater scenery. Better still, it is dustproof, Shockproof up to 1.5 metres and Freezeproof down to -10 °C, so you can never venture too far.
Creating stunning under water shots, the Red Colour Reproduction of Advanced Underwater Mode compensates for the red colour which is too easily lost. Sports, Snow and Beach & Surf Mode can also be selected easily from the menu so you can get the mode which is just right for your actions.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Battery Pack, Battery Charger, AC Cable, USB Cable, Hand Strap, CD-ROM
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 250 pictures (approx)
- Battery Size & Number
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- AV Output (PAL/NTSC), USB (AV/USB Multi)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 8 fps
- H5.8 x W10.3 x D1.9cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 2.7" LCD
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3), DPOF/Motion picture: MP4
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- F3.9 - 5.7 / 2-step (F3.9 / 9.0(W), F5.7 / 13.0(T))
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 4.5 - 18mm
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- 1/2.33-type CCD Sensor / 16.6 Total Megapixels / Primary Color Filter
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Built-in memory (approx. 220MB)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion battery pack
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Starry Sky, Glass Through, Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy E
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- approx. 8 - 1/1300 sec/15sec / 30sec / 60sec in Sarry Sky mode
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1280 x 720 pixels
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Wednesday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.