Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Bridge Camera, 4K Ultra HD, 20.1MP, 16x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, NFC, OLED Viewfinder, 3" Screen
If you're looking for an uncompromising DSLR replacement, check out the Lumix FZ1000. Featuring a large 1-inch sensor and a new bright LEICA lens with 16x optical zoom, it brings everything up close with premium image quality. Choose photo or video recording in crisp 4K resolution to capture the world around you in a its natural beauty.
4K Ultra HD
Besides its incredibly detailed 4K video recording capability the new FZ1000 is also proposing a new way of photo creation. 4K PHOTO allows you to extract a 3840x2160 8 Megapixel equivalent still image from the 4K video footage so you can photograph the spur-of-the-moment which is often missed in still image photography.
The incorporated HYBRID O.I.S.+ with 5-axis correction enables blur-free one-handed video recording. It detects and compensates for the camera's 5 types of movement – horizontal, vertical, axis of rotation, vertical rotation and horizontal rotation. The Level Shot Function of the FZ1000 detects the image's horizontal line and maintains it even if the camera is tilted.
The FZ1000 boasts a 2.359K-dot OLED LVF (Live View Finder) that assures stable framing and superb visibility even at high magnification and under strong sunlight. The OLED display achieves high-speed response with minimum time lag while enhancing the resolution, as well as 10,000:1 high contrast for superior color reproduction. A free-angle 921K-dot LCD also enables artistic framing.
Wi-Fi & NFC
With the Panasonic Image App, you can utilise a smartphone / tablet as controller to zoom, set the focus and shoot from a distance. Simply touching an NFC-compatible smartphone / tablet to the camera, or scanning the QR code connects Wi-Fi.
High speed shooting
High speed burst shooting can be shot at 12fps in 20.1 Megapixel full resolution. Together with the quick start-up of approx. 0.7 sec and short release time lag, the FZ1000 never lets photographers miss fleeting photographic opportunities.
The FZ1000 can record RAW-format images inside the camera, to adjust the following settings: Color Space Setting (sRGB / AdobeRGB), White Balance, Exposure Compensation, Photo Style, Intelligent D-range Control, Contrast, Highlight / Shadow, Saturation, Noise Reduction, Intelligent Resolution, Sharpness
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Charger, battery pack, USB cable, AC cable, lens hood, lens cap, hot shoe cover
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 360 shots per charge
- Battery Size & Number
- Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1200mAh, 8.7 Wh)
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Bridge
- microHDMI, AV Output (PAL / NTSC), USB (AV/USB Multi), 2.5mm remote, 3.5mm external mic.
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H9.8 x W13.6 x D13cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- 3" free angle
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Still Image: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.3) / RAW, DPOF/Motion Picture: AVCHD, MP4
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- F2.8 - 4.0 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (Still Image: F2.8 - 8.0 (W), F4.0 - 8.0 (T), Motion Picture: F2.8 - 11.0 (W), F4.0 - 11.0 (T))
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 25 - 400mm in 35mm equiv. in 4:3
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT/15 elements in 11 groups/(5 Aspherical Lenses / 8 Aspherical Surfaces / 4 ED Lenses)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- 1x lithium-ion battery and charger
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- "Still Image: Approx. 60 - 1/4,000 sec (Mechanical Shutter)Approx. 1 - 1/16,000 sec (Electronic Shutter)Bulb (Approx. 120 sec)Motion Picture: Approx. 1/25 - 1/16,000 sec Approx. 1/2 - 1/16,000 sec (Creative Video Mode / MF Mode)"
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 3840 x 2160 pixels, 25p
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.