Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ72 Bridge Camera, HD 1080p, 16.1MP, 60x Optical Zoom, 3” LCD Screen, Black
The powerful Panasonic DMC-FZ72 digital bridge camera strikes an ideal balance between versatility and performance. It pairs an advanced processing engine with a precision-engineered 20mm wide-angle lens for faster, sharper shooting. When a picture just won’t do, you can switch to crisp Full HD video capture, and thanks to the 60x optical zoom - you’ll always be in the middle of the action.
- This camera combines Panasonic’s Venus Engine with a 16.1 megapixel MOS sensor. The result is sharper, more detailed shots, with less noise in low light situations.
- A 60x optical zoom ensures that you don’t miss a beat. This can even be pushed to 120x in digitally enhanced Intelligent Zoom mode.
- Record Full HD 1080p in the popular AVCHD and MP4 formats and watch your movies back on a monitor or HD TV through the mini HDMI port. Your videos will even boast high quality Dolby Digital sound.
- The POWER OIS (Optical Image Stabiliser) effectively suppresses hand-shake vibration. In addition, the 60x optical zoom with POWER OIS is available in video recording too
- Sound quality is improved thanks to the Wind Shield Zoom Microphone that minimises wind noise.
- The DMC-FZ72 is equipped with a 0.2-inch EVF (Electronic Viewfinder) for flawless portraiture. Thanks to the 60fps frame rate, image lag is minimised making it suitable for shooting fast-moving subject under strong sunlight.
- Includes charger, battery pack, USB cable, shoulder strap, CD-ROM, lens cap, lens cap string and PHOTOfunSTUDIO software.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Battery Pack, Battery Charger, USB Cable, Shoulder Strap, CD-ROM, Lens Cap, Lens Cap String
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Approx 400 shots per charge
- Battery Size & Number
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Bridge
- miniHDMI, AV Output (PAL / NTSC), USB (AV/USB Multi)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 10 fps
- H9.7 x W13 x D11.8cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Eligible for International Delivery
- File Formats
- Still Image: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.3) / RAW, DPOF / 3D Image: MPO / Motion Picture: AVCHD, MP4
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f/2.8 - f/5.9
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 3.58 - 215mm
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- LUMIX DC VARIO
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Supply
- 1x lithium-ion battery and charger
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 8 - 1/2000
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wireless networking
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Tuesday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.