Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX80 Compact System Camera with 12-32mm Interchangable Lens, 4K Ultra HD, 16MP, 4x Digital Zoom, Wi-Fi, 3" LCD Touchscreen Free-Angle Monitor
2 bundles available - Save up to £45.00
The Panasonic LUMIX GX80 is a compact system camera which will capture stills and frames in the best way possible. Packed in to its rugged design is a 16 megapixel Sensor, Dual I.S. and 4K shooting abilities which will keep focused, even in low light situations.
This camera comes with the LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 12-32mm interchangeable lens which offers outstanding compactness and high image quality by lens construction. It comes complete with an Optical Image Stabilizer, which suppresses movement, and a Light Speed AF. It's an ideal lens for capturing action shots in the highest quality.
All in 4K
The new LUMIX GX80 can capture the spontaneous moments in the best resolution possible. Not only can you record in 4K but with the 4K Photo feature you can extract the perfect photo out of a 4K video (30 frames/ photos per second) sequence on the camera. This achieves an 8-megapixel equivalent still image.
Better still, 4K Photo can be used in three different modes; 4K Burst, 4K Burst S/S (Start/Stop) and 4K Pre-Burst. All these great modes will allow you to take photographs at a high burst rate of 30 frames/ photos per second.
Superb image quality
Integrating a 16-megapixel Digital Live MOS sensor, the LUMIX GX80 achieves a very high image quality indeed. It can now reach a high speed burst, ISO 25600 high sensitivity image recording and wider dynamic range. And the combination of the sensor and Venus Engine makes for a clear image rendering with minimum noise, even in low-lit situations.
This is with thanks to the Low Light AF which can focus on subjects more precisely where there is either no light source, or just moonlight. What’s more, Starlight AF lets you shoot a star in the night sky with auto focus.
To gain a more powerful handshake correction is the built-in Dual I.S. (Image Stabiliser). A feature held in the body and lens, the Dual I.S. works at the same time to take maximum advantage of both the stabilizers together. With a maximum 3.5x wider correction angle at the wide end, you’ll always be able to take clear handheld shots when on the go.
TFT LCD monitor & viewfinder
Complete with a high-resolution (1,040,000k-dot) Tiltable TFT LCD Live View Finder. And with all your settings displayed right in front of your eye, your pictures will always come out exactly how you want them.
The LUMIX GX80 even boasts a tilting TFT LCD monitor. This great feature will enable you to find the unusual perspectives to shoot from. The touch control can set focus to the subject just by touching it on the screen and even release the shutter.
With the Panasonic Image App, you’ll be able to control the DMC-GX80 on your Smartphone or tablet device which will allow you to; view the image, set the focus, release the shutter, review photographs on the larger screen of your device or even share images on social networks. This is all made possible with built-in Wi-Fi.
The build of the LUMIX GX80 is composed of magnesium alloy full diecast front/rear frame. Its construction is also splash and dustproof thanks to the sealing on every joint, dial and button so the camera is tough enough to withstand even the heaviest use.
Lenses & Cases
One of the biggest advantages of this camera is the sheer shooting flexibility on offer. You can use additional lenses to take wide-angle, telephoto, or close-up shots to suit just about any situation. The shorter the focal length (measured in mm), the wider the view will be – the longer the focal length, the more telescopic the picture. With a selection of interchangeable lenses at your disposal, the creative possibilities are endless. Click here to browse our selection.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
Note: Please check the compatibility with your camera.
- Accessories Included
- Hot Shoe Cover, Body Cap, Battery Pack, Battery Charger, USB Connection Cable, Shoulder Strap, DVD, AC Cable
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 290 images (approx)
- Battery Size & Number
- Li-ion Battery Pack
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Compact System
- USB 2.0, microHDMI
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- W12.2 x H7.1 x D4cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" LCD Free-Angle Touch Screen
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- JPEG;RAW, MPO; AVCHD; MP$
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- LUMIX G VARIO 12-32mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / MEGA O.I.S
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Lumix G lens
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion battery pack
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- 17.3 x 13mm
- Sensor Type
- Live MOS Sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Still Image - Expressive / Retro / Old Days / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Monochrome / Dynamic Monochrome / Rough Monochrome / Silky Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Toy Pop / Bleach Bypass / Miniature Effect / S
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- Still image: Bulb (Max. 30 minutes), 1/4,000 - 60Motion picture: 1/16,000 - 1/25Electronic shutter: 1/16,000 - 1
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 2160p (4K UHD)
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- TFT LCD viewfinder
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.