Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX15 Camera, 4K Ultra HD, 20.1MP, 3x Optical Zoom, 3” LCD Tiltable Touch Screen, Black
For a compact camera that fits into your palm, Panasonic’s LX15 is equipped with an extremely fast lens. Combined with a 1-inch sensor it gives you amazing creative control over your photography. With 4K video you can shoot incredibly detailed movies, while the 4K Photo, Post Focus and Focus Stacking features ensure you capture the perfect high quality still. With direct, intuitive controls and a tiltable monitor for flexibility, the LX15 is a supremely sleek and finely featured premium compact.
The LX-15 boasts a large sensor for shooting life in stunningly vivid detail. And because the 1-inch, 20.1 megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor captures more light, it helps to produce a rich bokeh effect. Backed up with the Venus Engine processor, the camera achieves maximum ISO12800 (extended ISO25600) to record a high quality image normally beyond the reach of compacts.
At the heart of all photography is the lens and the LX-15 is equipped with a fast and crystal-clear 24-72mm Leica lens. It lets in more light and copes brilliantly in low lighting environments. An impressively capable lens for such a small camera, it’s perfectly equipped to capture life in all its beauty.
The LX-15 puts you in easy control. An aperture ring gives you direct control over aperture size, while the rear dial and control ring give you intuitive management of shutter speed, zoom and focus. And you can customise settings to handle your preferred shooting options.
With a resolution of 3840 x 2160, 4K Video captures four times as much detail as Full HD, so whether shooting, watching or editing your movies, the level of detail is stunning. With 4K Photo you can select an individual frame from a 30 frame-per-second video sequence, and save it as a single high resolution image. It’s ideal for capturing unmissable fast-moving action and selecting the perfect shot later. Simply shoot, select and save.
Post Focus & Focus Stacking
The Post Focus feature lets you review an image and select the area you’d like to be pin sharp simply by touching it, even after you’ve taken the photo. And with Focus Stacking you can combine multiple focal planes within the same image for perfectly sharp clarity across the whole frame.
Tiltable Touch Screen
The 3 inch, 1040k dot LCD touch screen on the rear of the body angles upwards by 180 degrees. So with that level of flexibility you can take the shot from any angle. And it’s perfect for selfies; as soon as you flip up the monitor, the camera automatically enters optimal selfie mode.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- approx. 260 images (CIPA Standard)
- Battery Size & Number
- Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 680mAh, 4.9 Wh) (Included) / USB Power Charging
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- micro HDMI (Type D), USB 2.0 (Micro-B)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- 10fps (up to 50fps with electronic shutter)
- Packaged: H11.5 x W16.3 x D15 cm. Unpackaged: H6 x W10.55 x D4.2 cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- 3" TFT Screen LCD Display (1040k dots), Tiltable monitor/Static Touch Control/Field of View: Approx. 100%, Wide Viewing-angle, AF Coating
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Still Image: JPEG, RAW/MPO (when attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds Standard). Motion Image: AVCHD/QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- f1.4 - 2.8
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 24 - 72mm
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- LEICA DC VARIO-SUMMILUX
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD / SDHC /SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Li-ion battery pack
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, 4 x Monochromes, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Toy Pop, Bleach Bypass, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Fantasy, Star Filter, One Point Colour, Sunshine (22 Filters)
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- Still Image: Approx. 60 - 1/4,000 sec (Mechanical Shutter) / Approx. 1 - 1/16,000 sec (Electronic Shutter) / Time (Approx. 120 sec)
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 3840 x 2160 / 30p
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Approx. 310g with Battery and SD Memory Card / Approx. 280g without Battery and SD Memory Card
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.