Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ55 Digital Camera, HD 1080p, 16MP, 20x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, 3” Screen
Panasonic’s TZ55 is a super zoom camera with the profile of a pocketsize digital compact. Featuring a flip-out screen and easy Full HD shooting it’s always ready to give you a fresh angle on the action. Along with built-in Wi-Fi, backing up and sharing your best shots is simple.
20x optical zoom
A powerful 20x optical zoom in a slimline body gets you closer to your subjects. Easily capture sports scenes, wildlife shots and natural facial expressions at high zooms or get more detail in frame by shooting at 24mm wide-angle.
16MP MOS sensor
The high sensitivity sensor works with advanced image stabilisation for vivid, lifelike results that stay sharp, even at maximum zoom. With burst mode, you can capture high speed sequences at up to 10 frames per second.
This camera stands out with remote shooting, wireless image transfer and compatibility with social media sites like Facebook, flickr and Picassa. If you connect the TZ55 to a smartphone or tablet you can even use their inbuilt GPS to geotag your images.
Intelligent auto mode
This mode takes all of the guesswork out of getting professional quality photos. Just press, aim and shoot. The detection and correction functions do the rest.
Creative control puts a suite of unique filter effects at your fingertips. Step back in time with Old Days, Retro and Sepia or get playful with Toy Effect and more.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap, CD-ROM
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 350 shots per charge
- Battery Size & Number
- Li-ion battery pack
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- microHDMI, AV Output (PAL / NTSC), USB (AV/USB Multi)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H64.3 x W110.6 x D34.4mm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- PictBridge, DPOF
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3) / 3D Image: MPO / Motion picture: AVCHD, MP4, QuickTime Motion JPEG
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- F3.3 - 6.4 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F3.3 - 8.0 (W), F6.4 - 8.0 (T))
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 4.3 - 86.0mm (24 - 480mm in 35mm equiv.)/(28 - 560mm in 35mm equiv. in 16:9 video recording)
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- LUMIX DC VARIO/12 elements in 10 groups/(3 Aspherical Lenses / 6 Aspherical surfaces / 2 ED Lenses)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, SDXC
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Handheld Night Shot
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- approx. 4 - 1/2000 sec
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wireless networking
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.