Panasonic LUMIX DMC-TZ70 Digital Camera HD 1080p, 12.1MP, 30x Optical Zoom, NFC, Wi-Fi, Manual Control Ring, EVF, 3" LCD Screen, Black
The LUMIX DMC-TZ70 is the perfect camera to accompany you when discovering the world. Near or far, the 12.1 megapixel digital camera is designed to suit both low and bright light image capturing. And what’s more, you can even record your adventures in Full-HD so you can relive those accomplishing moments with friends and family.
The DMC-TZ70 boasts a 30x Zoom Leica lens which brings you right in on the action. Even up close, you’ll be able to satisfy your desire for intricate details as they are clarified with the 3cm macro shots. And thanks to the High sensitivity MOS sensor and Venus Engine processor, you can continue to take close-ups in dimly lit environments.
No matter how fast your subject is, the LUMIX TZ70 will capture it. With features such as Light speed Auto Focus and 10fps High Speed Burst Shooting, the compact camera will capture perfectly focused frames every time.
Raw format recording
When you shoot in RAW format, you can capture more details. The image data retains the original colour and light information captured by the sensor, with minimal processing. This means that you can edit your high quality images directly.
Live view finder
Perfect for framing the image when light conditions make it difficult to use the LED screen, the eye sensor automatically detects your viewing preference and switches image display to the Live View Finder. Colour reproduction is 100% which provides stable framing and superb visibility, so you can take stunning photographs under any light conditions.
The LUMIX TZ70 records with 100fps in high definition and 200fps in VGA so you can keep up with any fast moving action. What’s more, you can capture unique actions with your time-lapse recording. Simply input the start time, shooting interval and the number of images required, and the camera will do the rest all in Full HD quality.
The HYBRID O.I.S .+ technology ensures that your videos are recorded with little unwanted movement. The 5-axis correction automatically detects and adjusts based on the cameras movements, while the Level Shot sense the horizontal line of recording, even when tilted.
Wi-Fi & NFC
With these wireless connectivity options, you can compose an image from your Smartphone screen and send images across to your phone for quick sharing on social media sites.
The Control Ring provides you with a smoother manual control of the exposure, zoom and focus. This leaves you free to concentrate on shutter operation with your other hand. The intuitive design, precise focusing plus smooth and silent operation will give you total control over every picture and video taken.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Battery Pack, AC Cable, USB Cable, Hand Strap, CD-ROM
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 300 pictures
- Battery Size & Number
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- microHDMI, AV Output (PAL / NTSC), USB (AV/USB Multi)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H6.4 x W11 x D3.4cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" LCD display
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- JPEG (DCF/Exif2.3) / RAW, DPOF/3D Image: MPO/Motion Picture: AVCHD, MP4
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Approx. 86MB
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- F3.3 - 6.4 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F3.3 - 8.0 (W), F6.4 - 8.0 (T))
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 4.3 - 129mm (24 - 720mm in 35mm equiv.)
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR/12 elements in 9 groups/(5 Aspherical Lenses / 10 Aspherical surfaces / 3 ED Lenses)
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Lithium-ion battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- Shooting Modes
- Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Handheld Night Shot, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, HDR, Starry Sky, High Speed Video, 3D Photo, Expressive, Retro, Old Days, High Key, Low Key, Sepia
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- Approx. 4 - 1/2,000 sec/Starry Sky Mode: 15, 30, 60 sec
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- 0.20" LVF (Live View Finder)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days (in time for Christmas)
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.