Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ80EB Super Zoom Digital Camera, 4K Ultra HD, 18.1MP, 30x Optical Zoom, Wi-Fi, EVF, 3" LCD Touch Screen, Black
Have the power of a professional in your pocket with Panasonic’s super-zoom DMC-TZ80. Boasting 4K video, 18.1MP and extraordinary 30x optical zoom, this tiny package yields massive results. The brand’s crystal-clear LEICA lens is backed by a mighty MOS sensor so the depth-of-field is pin sharp, and the sophisticated Wi-Fi makes wireless control super-easy. With other features like the post-focus, HYBRID optical image stabiliser and intuitive Live View Finder, this camera is a sublime feat of portable photography.
Obscene Compact Power The TZ80’s 1/2-3-type MOS sensor delivers delightful colour and clarity in any light. Filled with 18.1MPs, your snaps will be rich and beautiful from dusk till dawn. All of this power is channelled with rapid speed through the brand’s state-of-the-art Venus image processor. This way, the pocket-sized camera will supply luscious shots in an instant.
Tailor Your Shots With The LEICA Zoom Lens With 30x optical zoom, 60x intelligent zoom and 4x digital zoom, you’ll get a crisp shot of your subject wherever you are. The lens’ f3.3 – 6.4 aperture range gives you space to experiment with background/subject separation too, letting you tailor your shot to landscapes or portraits. It also features the HYBRID Optical Image Stabiliser – using 5-axis correction to deliver crisp, blur-free video. Such super-powered flexibility will let you go as far as your creativity will take you.
Dazzling 4K Video 4K has four-times the pixels of HD and this camera lets you capture your memories in this ultra-crisp resolution. Shoot 4K video at 25fps to give your adventures even more detail and pop-out beauty. There’s even a 4K Photo function so you can give your stills the Ultra-HD treatment.
All-Time Control Before or after you’ve taken your shot, this camera keeps you in the driver’s seat. The innovative Post-Focus mode lets you decide what’s in focus after you’ve taken the photo. This way, you can optimise any part of a picture when you’re reviewing a day’s haul. The 0.2” Live View Finder, which automatically turns on when you hold it up to your eyes, manual control rings and vivid 3” LCD Touch Screen give you complete control as you line up your shots.
Wi-Fi Wonder With built-in Wi-Fi, this camera can connect to your smart phone or tablet wirelessly, letting you share your shots in an instant. You can even download the Panasonic Image App (iOS & Android) to control the TZ80 remotely.
Add Flair With Filters Give your work added art with this camera’s wealth of effects. Use the Creative Control mode to add such filters as Old Days, Retro or Dynamic Monochrome, or adjust the look with such scene setting as Appetizing Food, Silky Skin or Glistening Water. This is only a snippet of the hours of fun you can have experimenting.
- MOS Sensor & Venus engine delivers professional power
- Otherworldly detail with 18.1MP
- Super-Zoom LEICA lens gives supreme 30x optical zoom and 60x intelligent zoom
- Crystal-clear clarity with 4K Video & Photo
- Post-Focus function lets to adjust focus after taking a photo
- 3” LCD Touch Screen gives you state-of-the-art control
- Integrated Wi-Fi lets you pair it up to your smart device
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Battery Pack, AC Adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap, Strap Holder
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 320 Images
- Battery Size & Number
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- USB 2.0, Micro-HDMI, Wi-Fi (remote control via smartphone)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- Packaged: H6.5 x W13.5 x D13.6cm. Unpackaged: H6.4 x W11.2 x D3.8cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- Wi-Fi Direct
- 3" TFT LCD Screen
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- Still Image: JPEG (DCF/Exif2.3) / RAW, DPOF
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- F3.3 - 6.4 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 24 - 720mm
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Zoom, 24 - 720mm, LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Size
- Sensor Type
- High Sensitivty MOS Sensor
- Shooting Modes
- "Still Image Scene Guide - Clear Portrait, Silky Skin, Backlit Softness, Clear in Backlight, Relaxing Tone, Sweet Child's Face, Distinct Scenery, Bright Blue Sky, Romantic Sunset Glow, Vivid Sunset Glow, Glistening Water, Clear Nightscape, Cool Night Sky
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- Still Image: Approx. 4 - 1/2,000 sec (Mechanical Shutter)Approx. 1 - 1/16,000 sec (Electronic Shutter)Artistic Nightscape (Approx. 60 sec)Motion Picture: Approx. 1/25 - 1/16,000 sec Approx. 1/2 - 1/16,000 sec (Creative Video M Mode / MF Mo
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 4K Ultra HD
- Viewfinder Information The interface you look through to compose and focus your picture
- 0.20" LVF (Live View Finder)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Packaged: 0.46kg. Unpackaged: 0.28kg
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.