Philips 42PFL6008S LED 1080p 3D Smart TV, 42" with Ambilight, Freeview HD & 4x 3D Glasses
To see all that this TV has to offer, please drop by a branch and ask a Partner for a demonstration.
Enjoy a world of media at home with the Philips PFL6008S LED backlit 3D Smart TV. Ambilight makes your viewing more immersive by projecting an extra wide glow from two-sides of the TV screen onto the surrounding wall. The colour automatically adjusts to match the TV picture. There’s also a range of online apps and catch up TV options on offer, and with built-in Wi-Fi, getting connected is seamless.
- Explore the boundaries beyond traditional TV. Rent and stream films, videos, games and more, directly onto your TV. Watch catch-up TV like BBC iPlayer from your favourite channels and enjoy a rich selection of online apps with Smart TV. Connect to family and friends with Skype (separate camera needed) or social networking. Or just browse the Internet.
- Super Resolution technology with 4 trillion colours delivers exceptional Full HD TV picture quality regardless of the content. So whether you watch a video online or a high quality Blu-ray film - you'll enjoy them both.
- Integrated Wi-Fi makes connecting to your home network quick and easy, allowing you to access a world of content or share wirelessly at home.
- The intuitive remote control has all the usual perks like cursor keys, volume control and shortcut buttons. Flip the remote over to access a full keyboard for easy text entry in any situation. Best of all, this intelligent remote has gyroscopic sensors, so it knows up from down, which means you can text without worrying about changing channels.
- Control your TV without a remote control using one easy app. Transform your iPad or smartphone into a universal remote with all the options of your original remote plus extra features like text entry. The SimplyShare function beams content onto your TV. Push digital broadcast TV onto your devices using the Wi-Fi smart screen.
- Enjoy high quality 3D across your whole film collection, even black-and-white classics. Convert 2D to 3D at the push of a button and adjust the depth level to suit your tastes. This TV even comes with four free pairs of 3D glasses to get you started.
- Watch what you want, where you want, when you want. Mirror content with Miracast on your devices and view it on the big screen.
- Share photos, music, videos and films through DLNA using your smartphone, tablet or computer and enjoy them on the big screen. Sharing made simple.
- Sleek. Minimalist. Discreet. Beautifully crafted from a seamless piece of high quality glass. Edged with an ultra thin metal bezel outer wrap. Designed to integrate seamlessly into any decor.
- View subscription-free HD broadcasts without the need for an external box with Freeview HD. To watch Freeview HD broadcasts you’ll need to check that you can receive it in your area.
With TVs getting slimmer and built-in speakers getting smaller - choosing the right sound system is more important than ever. Sound bars add that extra audio punch to all your movies, games and TV programmes. More affordable and easier to set up than a full size speaker system, they don’t compromise on quality either.
Take a look at our full range here.
- 3D Technology Type Information Active 3D works from battery-powered glasses. Passive 3D works with an on-screen filter and regular glasses
- Accessories Included
- 4x 3D glasses, remote control, batteries, documentation
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Clear Sound, Incredible Surround, Pure Bass
- Digital tuner Information Built-in digital tuners let you receive channels through an aerial with Freeview or through a satellite dish with freesat
- Freeview HD
- H63.3 x W95.3 x D3.25cm
- DLNA Information Digital Living Network Alliance compatible - lets you build a digital network around the home with other DLNA devices
- Eligible for International Delivery
- 5 years
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internet Ready Information Internet enabled devices allow you access to a wealth of online content through Wi-Fi, dongle or Ethernet connection.
- Yes - Wi-Fi / Ethernet
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Number of tuners Information These are built-in the TV to access digital television channels, radio stations or even HD channels at no extra cost
- Picture Resolution Information A higher picture resolution makes for greater clarity, depth and detail which can be enjoyed sat closer to the screen
- Full HD (1080p)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 4x HDMI in, 1x SCART in, 1x headphones out, 3x USB 2.0
- Power Consumption - Annual Information Estimated energy use for a full year's use, based on EU regulations
- 75 kWh/year
- Power Consumption - On Mode Information The average daily power consumption based on EU measures. Rated power consumption based on maximum continuous use may differ.
- Remote Control
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type Information LED screens are backlit, with multiple light-emitting diodes; OLEDs use individual organic light-emitting diodes with no backlight; QLEDs use Quantum Dot technology to provide excellent levels of contrast, colour reproduction and energy efficiency
- Smart TV Information Connects to the home Wi-Fi to access apps including BBC iPlayer, stream from services such as Netflix and browse websites
- Speaker output Information The total output measured in watts. The higher the number, the louder the sound.
- Table Top Stand
- Visible Screen Size (measured diagonally)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
The charge for this service includes the removal and environmentally-responsible disposal of your old TV