Philips Hue White Personal Wireless Lighting LED Starter Kit
Hue White bulbs bring the power dim and brighten your lights to your smartphone or tablet. Hue bulbs produce beautiful warm, white light that can be adjusted to suit any occasion. Hue light bulbs are Wi-Fi connected, allowing you to alter the brightness simply by using the Philips Hue app for iOS and Android. Hue light bulbs can be grouped together so you can set the mood in a room in one go, with up to 50 bulbs on one network. This starter kit includes 2 Hue ES Light Bulbs and the Hue Bridge, which is required to connect your bulbs to your home wireless network.
Warm White Light
Hue keeps things simple, providing a comfortable and fully dimmable white light. Hue can last for up to 25,000 hours and is compatible with ES light fittings. Once you're set up with your Hue bulbs and the Hue bridge, you'll be able to use Wi-Fi to control Hue from your smartphone or tablet, making it easy to set the mood.
Hue works as more than just a dimmable light bulb. It can be tailored to your life, with alarms, timers and alerts, so you can set Hue to wake you up gently in the morning, or to turn all of your Hue lights off at bedtime. Hue lights can flash at you to let you know when your food is ready to come out of the oven, or to let you know when your favourite TV show is starting.
You can set your lights to come on when you're away, to deter thieves, or control them remotely via the portal, from anywhere in the world. Geofencing technology can be used to turn your Hue lights on as you enter the door. Hue can even be linked to data feeds via the IFTTT (If This Then That) service, to give you a visual alert when you get an important email or when the weather changes.
Apps to help you unlock more
With additional iOS and Android apps, you can get even more out of your Hue. Ambilight+hue for both iOS and Android works with Philips Ambilight TVs (2011 model or newer, type number 6 or higher in xxPFLxxx6) to match the mood in your living room to the scenes on TV, creating a more immersive experience. Amblifty for iOS and hue Disco for Android make Hue react to music, providing you with an instant dance floor.
Beam Angle: 150°
In the box
- 2 x 9.5W A60 E27 Edison Screw Bulbs
- 1 x Hue Bridge
Lightbulb GLS Wattage Equivalent: 56W.
- Dimmable via app
- Fitting type Information This indicates the cap or base of the bulb, Examples: BC-B22 = bayonet cap/ ES-E27 = edison screw/ SBC-B15 = small BC/ SES-E14 = small ES
- Kelvin (colour temperature) Information This shows the approximate colour of the light output of the bulb, shown in degrees Kelvin (K)
- Lifetime (Hours) Information Shown in hours, this is based on an average use of 3 hours illumination per day
- Lightbulb Shape
- Lightbulb Type
- Lightbulb Wattage
- Lumens Information Estimate of apparent amount of light the bulb will produce, measured in lumens (lm). The higher the number the brighter the light output.
- Pack Size
- Pack of 3
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Friday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy