Product code: 81542112
This revolutionary device enables you to be free from unwanted hair and works with an innovative technology called Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), similar to the system used in professional beauty salons. Imagine no more stubble, no more dark shadows or ingrown hairs - and being always ready to wear what you want whenever you want!
The Philips Lumea Precision works by applying gentle pulses of light to the hair, which are absorbed by the hair’s melanin. An internal optical filter ensures no UV light reaches the skin and leaves it unharmed; this light energy stimulates the hair root to go into a resting phase. In the following days hair will shed naturally and hair growth is inhibited. Clinical studies have shown best results after four or five twice-weekly treatments. For smooth skin every day, simply repeat treatment every four to six weeks.
Philips Lumea has been developed in close cooperation with leading dermatologists for an effective and gentle treatment, even on the most sensitive body areas. It has two attachments: a body attachment for everywhere below the neckline, and a precision attachment specially designed for facial application. The Lumea Precision is even gentle on the most sensitive skin, so you can use it with confidence on your legs and arms, as well as more delicate areas such as the face, bikini area and underarms.
No replacement bulbs are needed with the Lumea Precision: it is a complete solution that comes ready to work right out of the box. More importantly, it does not require replacement lamps or gel. The Lumea Precision has five adjustable light energy settings to ensure gentle but effective treatment across different skin tones.
Easy to use, the rechargeable Lumea can be used in the comfort of your own home - even on the sofa while watching TV - this hand-held device applying gentle pulses of light to the hair root. Includes AC/DC adaptor/charger, storage pouch, cleaning cloth and demonstration DVD.
5 steps to lasting smoothness:
- Pre-shave the treatment area to ensure the light energy is channelled in the most efficient way to the follicle. This is only required for the first few treatments, while you are experiencing hair regrowth.
- Select the light intensity according to your skin tone and body hair colour
- Apply gentle pulses of light to the hair. The light produces heat in the hair, which is transferred to the hair follicle. This stimulates the hair follicle to go into a resting phase.
- As a consequence the hair sheds naturally and hair re-growth is inhibited.
- To prevent hairs from growing back, the treatment must be repeated every 2 weeks (or every 4 weeks for legs) which will progressively reduce hair re-growth to a minimum.
Please note: Philips Lumea is not designed for everyone (refer to the hair and skin type table in the image gallery). If any of the following is true for you then this device is not suitable for you to use:
- If your natural hair colour in the treatment areas is light blond, white, grey or red
- If you are skin type VI (you rarely or never get sunburnt and you tan very darkly). In this case you run a high risk of developing skin reactions
- If you are male
- Accessories Included
- Body attachment (use below neckline), Precision tool (use on face)
- H120 x W100 x D119.5mm
- Model name / number
- Lumea SC2002
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable battery