Philips Lumea SC2001 Hair Removal System
Product informationEnjoy smooth skin everyday and save a small fortune in professional hair removal fees with the Philips Lumea SC2001.
This revolutionary device enables you to be free from unwanted hair and works with an innovative technology called Intense Pulsed Light (IPL), similar to the system used in professional beauty salons. Imagine no more stubble, no more dark shadows or ingrown hairs - and being always ready to wear what you want whenever you want.
Easy to use, the rechargeable Lumea SC2001 can be used in the comfort of your own home - even on the sofa watching TV - this hand-held device applying gentle pulses of light to the hair root. This causes hair to shed naturally and hair regrowth to be inhibited. The result: everlasting smoothness!
Philips Lumea has been developed in close cooperation with leading dermatologists for an effective and gentle treatment, even on the most sensitive body areas. There are 5 adjustable light intensity settings to ensure a painless treatment across a range of different skin tones and hair colours. Includes AC/DC adaptor/charger, storage pouch, cleaning cloth and demonstration DVD.
5 steps to everlasting smoothness
- Pre-shave the treatment area to ensure the light energy is channelled in the most efficient way to the follicle. This is only required for the first few treatments, while you are experiencing hair regrowth.
- Select the light intensity according to your skin tone and body hair colour
- Apply gentle pulses of light to the hair. The light produces heat in the hair, which is transferred to the hair follicle. This stimulates the hair follicle to go into a resting phase.
- As a consequence the hair sheds naturally and hair re-growth is inhibited.
- To prevent hairs from growing back, the treatment must be repeated every 2 weeks (or every 4 weeks for legs) which will progressively reduce hair re-growth to a minimum.
Please note: Phillips Lumea is not designed for everyone (refer to the hair and skin type table in the image gallery). If any of the following is true for you then this device is not suitable for you to use.
- If your natural hair colour in the treatment areas is light blond, white, grey or red.
- If you are skin type VI (you rarely or never get sunburnt and you tan very darkly). In this case you run a high risk of developing skin reactions.
- If you are male.
- Phillips Lumea is not suitable for use on the face
- H120 x W100 x D119.5mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Model name / number
- Lumea SC2001
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable Lithium Ion battery
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy