Making your own pizza is simple, satisfying and tastes so much better than shop-bought. Why not follow our tasty, yeast-free recipe then experiment with other toppings?
For the pizza base
Ingredients:- 150g self raising flour
- 25g unsalted butter
- 30ml whole milk
Instructions:1) Preheat the oven to 200° and place a baking sheet inside. In a food processor, mix together the flour and butter, gradually adding the milk to bind the mixture into a dough.
2) Lightly flour a worktop or pastry board, take the dough and flatten it into a disc approximately 1cm thick.
Parma ham and rocket pizza topping
Ingredients:- 5 tbsp passata
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g buffalo mozzarella, torn into pieces
- Handful fresh basil, chopped
- 100g Parma ham
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 80g fresh rocket
Instructions:1) Heat the olive oil then fry the onion and garlic until softened (about 5 mins)
2) Season the passata with a pinch of salt and pepper and spoon over the pizza base.
3) Scatter the mozzarella and basil over the top.
4) Place the pizza onto the preheated baking sheet, transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the base is crisp.
5) Arrange the rocket and Parma ham on top and serve immediately.