Pork Chops with Apple by Meyer
Tip: Almost a complete meal in one pan, all you need to do is cook some green vegetables or mix together a salad to serve alongside. You could also cook sausages in this way too.
Ingredients:- 4 pork loin chops (each weighing approximately 225 g)
- 500 g new potatoes
- 4 cox or other eating apples 3 red onions
- Handful fresh sage leaves
- Green steamed vegetable, to serve
Instructions:1) Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark
2) Using scissors or a sharp knife cut the fat along the chops in 3 or 4 places (this helps to stop the chops from curling up at the edges
3) Heat the oil in the pan, add the chops and fry until golden on both sides and put to one side.
4) Put the potatoes and onions into the pan and roast for 15 minutes.
5) Take out of the oven and scatter the apple pieces and sage around the pan. Put the pork chops on top and cook for 15 minutes until the pork is cooked.