RECARO Tian Elite Group 1/2/3 Car Seat, Night Black
Product code: 31552305
- Group 1/2/3
- Forward facing, from 9-36kg or 20-79lbs (approximately 9 months-12 years old)
- Isofix compatible in Group 2/3
- Free 2 year guarantee
The Tian Elite child car seat by Recaro can accompany your child from nine months to twelve years. To ensure they dont miss out on the fun on their way to the celebration the Tian Elite also has an integrated Sound System with loudspeakers in the head area. The air ventilation system in the seating area is also refreshing. Smart openings in the shell and the seat cover make this possible.
- Under no circumstances should a rearward-facing car seat be used on a passenger seat where there is an active airbag.
- Correct fitting of all car seats and boosters is of paramount importance in making them the most effective in the event of an accident. Not all car seats fit all cars and it is important to check for fitting suitability on all cars you intend to fit the seat to, as well as re-checking if you change your car.
- Always read the instruction booklet which comes with your car seat to achieve a safe and correct fitting, retaining the guide for future reference. We recommend fitting your car seat in advance of first using it.
- We recommend that babies shouldn't be left in car seats (infant carriers) for prolonged periods.
- Please make sure that you check the car seat you choose is suitable for your car before ordering. This can be done in store with a Partner or on the car seat manufacturer's website.
- Some of our shops offer a car seat fit test, where a Nursery advisor will test the display model in your car to check that it will fit properly. Please contact your local shop to see if this service is available. Alternatively, please contact the car seat manufacturer who will be able to advise whether their model will be suitable for your car.
- We also offer in-store and virtual appointments so you can access our All Things Baby services at a time and place to suit you. Click here to book your appointment.
- Find your nearest department store.
Car seats adhere to strict safety protocols and conform to one of the following two types of seats:
- Height-based seats are known as ‘i-Size’ seats - These seats adhere to the safety regulation R129. They must be rear-facing until your child is over 15 months old. Your child can use a forward-facing child car seat when they’re over 15 months old. You must check the seat to make sure it’s suitable for the height of your child.
- Weight-based seats - These seats adhere to the safety regulation ECE R44. The seat your child can use (and the way they must be restrained in it) depends on their weight.
The below table is a rough guide as to how the car seats can relate to a child’s age based on the average child's weight or height depending on the regulation chosen.
Car Seat Age Guide:
|Group||Child's weight*||Approx. age of child||Child's height†|
|0+||Birth up to 13kg/29lb||Birth up to 12-15 months||40 - 85cm|
|0+ & 1||Birth up to 18kg/40lb||Birth to up to about 4 years||40 - 105cm|
|0+, 1, 2 & 3||Birth-36kg/79lb||Birth to 12 years||40 - 150cm|
|1||9-18kg/20-40lb||About 9 months to 4 years||85 - 105cm|
|1, 2 & 3||9-36kg/20-79lb||About 9 months to 12 years||85 - 150cm|
|2 & 3||15-36kg/33-79lb||About 4-12 years||105 - 150cm|
Note: This is a rough guide only - please always refer to the individual car seat’s guidance for more specific details. Some car seats will be approved in two or more groups or across various height bands. This just means that these seats have the ability to adapt as your child grows, meaning they can use them for longer.
- Booster Seat Type
- High Back
- Car Seat Type
- Toddler Car Seats
- Care instructions
- Covers machine washable at 30°C
- H80.5 x W44 x D47cm
- Drying Instructions
- Do not tumble dry
- Group band
- Group 1, 2 and 3 car seat
- Isofix compatible
- Manufacturer's Warranty
- 2 years
- R129 Regulation
- Not R129 compliant (R44.04)
- Reclining positions
- Suitable From
- 9 months
- Unpackaged Weight Car Seat Only
- Weight of child
- 9-36kg or 20-79lb
The story of Recaro begins in 1906 in Stuttgart, when Wilhelm Reutter founded an automobile business and the company later produced coaches for Daimler-Benz and prototypes for VW Beetles. Recaro, in its current form, was established in 1963 to produce automobile and airplane seats and were the first to introduce adjustable shoulder supports and integrated seatbelts.
In 1998, they drew on their design and safety expertise and launched their first child seat. Parents can trust in Recaro as their car seats are based on the principles of Safety, Design and Comfort. Their car seats draw on the latest technology, are painstakingly tested and their classic designs are developed in match your vehicle interior.
Delivery & returns
- Standard Delivery
- UK delivery by our supplier within 7 days. Where delivery needs to be arranged, you will be contacted to arrange a date and time that's convenient for you.
- Click & Collect
- Not available for this item
- Not available for this item
Return small or medium items by post or to John Lewis & Partners and Waitrose & Partners shops.
Large items (delivered by two people, such as appliances and furniture) can be returned using our Home Collection service.
You can also return a Click & Collect order to where you collected it.
Our extended Christmas returns policy
We've extended our usual limit for returns just for the festive season. Any gift bought between 27 September 2022 and 24 December 2022 can be returned up until 28 January 2023, if it's unwanted or unsuitable.