Ricoh GR II Expert Digital Camera, HD 1080p, 16.2MP, Wi-Fi, NFC, 3" LCD Screen
The Ricoh GR II Expert combines compact dimensions with high-quality, high-resolution images which is all delivered by a large APS-C CMOS image sensor. Developed as the successor to the Ricoh GR, the digital camera also provides a range of smartphone-support functions, including wireless image transfer and remote shooting.
16.2MP APS-C CMOS sensor
Equipped with a high-sensitivity, wide dynamic range APS-C large-size CMOS sensor. Improved shadow noise characteristics makes a routine high-sensitivity shooting at ISO 3200 possible. By making the camera low-pass filter-less, the lens characteristics are used as-is, providing clear depiction all the way to the edges of the image. Its imaging power has been further upgraded from its predecessor by reprogramming the white-balance algorithm to improve the precision of AWB (Auto White Balance) control and fine-tuning the compensation program to prevent high-sensitivity noise.
One second high-speed start-up for instantaneous responsiveness. By optimising the lens drive and AF algorithms, a high-speed AF of approximately 0.2 second focusing speed is possible in Contrast AF. A lens barrier mechanism also means there’s no need to use a lens cap. With these features, you'll never miss another sudden photo opportunity.
The rear of the camera is equipped with an AF function switching lever and button. With a press of the lever, you can easily switch between Continuous AF, and AE/AF Lock. With your thumb you can switch from AF to Continuous AF, with the lever you can switch to AF Lock, and after AF lock with the AF button, expanding your shooting possibilities. This model also boasts the Full-Press Snapshot function, for skipping AF and shooting at the set distance when pressing the shutter button all the way down at once. You’ll never miss the moment again.
Smart LCD screen
The 3" rear LCD screen now uses a new protective cover. The screen is also equipped with an automatic brightness adjustment function, useful in challenging outdoor conditions. The screen also features beautiful and easy to read multi-tone scalable font characters, full-colour for smooth graphic display, and a highly visible display for smooth shooting.
Capture precious moments in Full HD which can be replayed on the rear LCD screen or television screen. You can even easily extract photos from movie clips so a shot never goes un-missed.
Connectivity & sharing
Now equipped with built-in Wi-Fi and NFC, the Ricoh GR II can seamlessly share your favourite shots. A web-based application will even allow you to control the camera settings virtually, via any browser.
The GR II has two dedicated applications to support different purposes or photographic styles. The GR Remote is a new GR II-dedicated application that allows easy setting of various commands using a mobile device’s screen - just like on the camera’s LCD panel. And Image Sync makes it easy to transfer recorded images to another device and browse them on its screen.
RAW shooting & editing
Various adjustments to RAW images can now be made on the camera after shooting and saved as a new JPEG file. You can also apply image effects after processing is complete. The Ricoh GR II Expert is designed to accommodate a wider variety of scenes and subjects by adding new creative tools, such as six effect modes and a wireless flash discharge function in combination with an external flash unit.
Multi-Exposure can merge up to five images. Detailed settings are possible such as the automatic adjustment of exposure amount for the number of shots, saving each image before merging, saving images each time they are merged, etc. Because images can be retaken right after they are shot, it is easy to create exactly the image you have in mind.
Take care of your new camera with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Accessories Included
- Rechargeable battery, power adapter, USB cable, Software (CD-Rom), Hand strap
- Autofocus Information This feature fixes onto the main subject and enhances focus on a snap's hot spots
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- 290 shots, 45 mins of video (approx)
- Battery Size & Number
- Li-ion DB-65 battery
- Built In Flash
- Camera Type
- Digital Compact
- Care instructions
- Included in packaging
- USB, HDMI
- Continuous Shooting Speed Information The amount of frames per second that can be shot in continuous shooting mode
- H11.7 x W6.3 x D3.5cm
- Direct printing Information Can connect to a compatible digital camera to print without the need to use a computer.
- 3" LCD
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Face Detection Information Automatically detects faces and optimises focus, so they're the main subject/s of a snap
- File Formats
- JPEG / RAW
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Image Megapixels
- Image Stabilisation Information Irons out blur and shake, so your shots are super-sharp
- Lens Aperture Information Measures the lens' light exposure and, thus, depth of field
- Lens Size Information Also known as focal length, this is the distance from the sensor and the optical centre of the lens when focused to infinity
- 18.3mm, approx. 28mm in 35mm. F/2.8-16 (smallest aperture : f/16)
- Lens Type Information Whether it zoom, wide-angle or telephoto, different lens types serve different purposes
- Fixed focal length
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum ISO Rating Information Defines the sensor's light sensitivity and, thus, performance in low-light settings
- Memory Card Type
- SD, SDHC, and SDXC Memory Card (Eye-Fi card X2 compatible)
- Model name / number
- Ricoh GR II
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Night recording Information Ability to record at night or in complete darkness by using built-in infrared illumination
- Power Supply
- Rechargeable DB-65 lithium-ion battery
- Red-Eye Reduction Information Shuts outs red-eye in portraits and group photos
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Self Timer Information Lets you run into your own pictures by delaying it being taken by a few seconds after the shutter is pressed
- Sensor Type
- Shooting Modes
- Shutter Speeds Information The amount of time is takes for the shutter to open and close. High speed lets you freeze action completely, slower ones allow motion blur
- 1/4000-300sec, Bulb, Time
- Smile Detection
- Sweep Panorama
- Touch Screen
- Tripod Thread Information Lets you attach a tripod to the camera's frame
- Video Resolution
- 1080p HD video
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi enabled
- Zoom (digital) Information Enlarges video captured by the optical zoom and makes it seem even closer
- 100x / 2500x
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Take advantage of our experience in seeking out your ideal camera.