Samsung Galaxy Book, Intel Core i5, 4GB RAM, 128GB SSD, 12", Black
Compact yet powerful, the new Galaxy Book has a bright 12-inch sAMOLED display and is loaded with a 7th-Generation Intel Core processor. Accompanied by a keyboard and S-Pen stylus to give you the versatility you crave to create, view and communicated when you’re at home or on the go.
Power to perform
Intel’s 7th-generation i5 processor, codename Kaby Lake, is designed to make your laptop faster and more efficient. Overall productivity will show improvement for flawless multi-tasking and seamless playback of videos. The processor also feature a 'Turbo Boost' that will unleash more power when you need it, so you can handle more programs and intensive tasks without your device slowing down.
Improved S Pen
Taking notes, opening your favourite apps, drawing pictures, editing photos and amending documents is done with ease, thanks to the new and improved S Pen. With a comfortable grip, ultra-precision 0.7mm tip and battery-free operation to make it look and feel like a regular pen writing on a piece of paper, so every movement will feel totally natural.
Transfer without wires
Use Samsung Flow to sync your Samsung smartphone to receive notifications and transfer data to the Galaxy Book. You’ll even be able to pause what you’re doing on one device and pick it up on the other.
You’ll want the screen to be at different angles when you read, type, browse and draw to ensure you get the best results. Choose between 4 dynamic viewing modes to find the one that works for you.
- Accessories Included
- Keyboard, S-Pen Stylus, S-Pen Holder, S-Pen Accessories 25W Travel AdapterData/Charging Cable (USB-to-USB Type-C), Quick Start Guide Card, Tray Ejection Pin
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Stereo speakers
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 11 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 13MP auto-focus camera
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H29.13 x W20 x D0.74cm
- Ethernet Port
- 7th Generation
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Intel HD Graphics 620
- Graphics Card Series
- Intel HD
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- 128GB SSD
- Internal Storage
- Location Services
- GPS, Glonass
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD card slot (up to 256GB)
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Windows 10 Home
- Operating System Filter
- Windows 10
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2x USB Type-C, 1x 3.5mm audio
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Dual-Core Intel Core i5-7200U
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- 2.5GHz to 3.1GHz with Turbo Boost
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Intel Core i5
- Galaxy Book
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2160 x 1440 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- Over 11"
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- 10.1" to 12"
- Accelerometer, ambient light sensor, hall sensor
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Intel Voice Assistant
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Wi-Fi Direct
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11ac/a/b/g/n
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy