Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Tablet, ARM Cortex A9, Android, 7”, Wi-Fi, 8GB, White
Slim, light and faster than ever - the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 frees all of your media for life on the go. A 1GHz dual-core processor makes everything from browsing to watching films smoother, and with the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean OS at its heart, there’s a whole world of apps and widgets on offer too.
- Entertainment for everyone. Thanks to Video Hub, you’ll have access to hundreds of titles just about anywhere. Readers Hub puts an end to lugging around stacks of books and lets you enjoy a vast library in the palm of you hand. There are even Hubs for games and music so you’ll always be able to get your fix of frantic gaming or laidback listening.
- This Android tablet comes with Google Play. Download thousands of apps and games, as well as millions of ebooks, magazines, movies & TV shows.
- The dual-core processor makes multitasking a breeze. Stream videos smoothly, enjoy faster gaming or just switch between apps in the blink of an eye. It’s all possible.
- AllShare Play lets you wirelessly stream movies and music to DLNA compatible devices, upload or backup seamlessly and even pull files from connected devices on your home network.
- A front-facing camera and 3 megapixel rear camera make communication more personal. Chat to friends face to face through calling apps like Skype, or take and share candid snaps with ease. You can even capture 720p video footage.
- 8GB of internal memory is enough space for hours of listening and watching. You can even add an extra 32GB of external memory thanks to the integrated micro SD card slot.
- 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi, USB 2.0 and Bluetooth 3.0 connectivity give you the flexibility to transfer files however you want to.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range.
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 10 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 3.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 0.3 megapixels
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 3 megapixels
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H193.7 x W122.4 x D10.5mm
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internal Storage
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- Micro SD
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 4.1 Jelly Bean
- Operating System Filter
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Samsung 30-pin port
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- ARM Dual-Core Cortex A9
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- ARM Cortex
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1024 x 600 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- Up to 7"
- Screen Type
- LCD capacitive touchscreen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- YES- Google Now
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Discover more information about the range of Samsung Galaxy Tablets including the Tab, Note and Pro series.