Samsung Galaxy Tab A Tablet, Quad-Core T-Shark 2A, Android, 7.0", 8GB, Wi-Fi, Black
Highly portable with powerful battery and non-slip pattern on the back, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A is perfect for anyone frequently on the go. Its 7-inch TFT touchscreen display with 1280 x 800 resolution delivers lifelike images and stunning graphics to make your video and photo media jump off the screen.
Room to expand
The Tab A comes with 8GB of memory which should be enough for storing all of your apps and a number of games. If you need more room for media, such as music, photos, movies and more, then you can increase the Tab A's memory by up to 200GB with a microSD card.
Keen to travel
The Tab A is comfortable to touch and light to carry, so you'll want to take it everywhere with you. A long battery life, up to 11 hours of web browsing, ensures you can take it on the go without charging for long periods.
With Kids Mode on the Samsung Galaxy Tab A you can have peace of mind, while allowing your children to enjoy a colourful, engaging tablet experience. It gives you the ability to manage what your kids can access and how long they spend using it, all while keeping your own files private. Kids Mode is available to download for free from Samsung Galaxy Essentials via Samsung Apps.
FM Radio unrestricted
You'll have access to FM radio whenever you want it, just plug in your headphones and listen. The Hybrid radio delivers online radio broadcasting and a recording function, so you don't have to worry about data usage.
The Tab A is running Android 5.1 Lollipop, providing a beautiful and fluid interface that's easy to use. The home screen has been optimised, file sharing is simpler and action buttons are always within easy reach, while there are more than 13 million apps available to download from Google Play, so you can always find what you need.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range..
- Accessories Included
- Power adapter, Data cable, User manual, Warranty info
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Integrated stereo speakers
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 11 hours
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 2 megapixels f/2.2
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixels, f/2.2, autofocus
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H18.69 x W10.88 x D0.87cm
- Colour TFT Touch Sensitive
- Ethernet Port
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Adreno 306
- Graphics Card Series
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internal Storage
- Location Services
- A-GPS, GLONASS
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory (RAM) Information Random Access Memory (RAM) allows your computer to multitask.
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD card slot
- Model name / number
- Galaxy Tab A Tablet, 7.0", 8GB, Wi-Fi, Black
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Operating System Filter
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 216 ppi
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB 2.0
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Quad-Core T-Shark 2A
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Quad Core
- Tab A
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 800 x 1280 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- Up to 7"
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- Up to 10"
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Yes - Intel WiDi
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11b/g/n
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Monday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Daily next/named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy