Samsung Galaxy Tab E Tablet, Quad-core, Android, 9.6", 8GB, Wi-Fi, White
The Samsung Galaxy Tab E is a stylish, affordable tablet with an ergonomic design, practical camera options and a number of child-friendly functions that make it perfect for the entire family.
With Multi Window on the Tab E, you can access two apps at once. Multi Window allows you to open two supported apps side by side, making it easy to flip through photos as you write an email or check you calendar and social network at the same time.
With Kids Mode on the Samsung Galaxy Tab E you can have peace of mind, while allowing your children to enjoy a colourful, engaging tablet experience. It gives you the ability to manage what your kids access and how long they spend using it, all while keeping your own files private. Kids Mode is available to download for free from Samsung Galaxy Essentials via Samsung Apps.
The Tab E is just 8.5mm thin and weighs less than 500g making it a practical tablet to take on your travels. A non-slip fabric-style rear casing provides you with a secure and comfortable grip.
Easy to learn
It's easy to get to grips with the Galaxy Tab E thanks to the Samsung Smart Tutor app. Available to download from Galaxy Apps, Smart Tutor gives you access to remote-controlled assistance from a team of technical experts to help you understand all of the functions of your tablet.
Room to expand
The Tab E comes with 8GB of memory which should prove plenty of room for storing all of your apps and games. If you need more room for media, such as music, photos, movies and more, then you can increase the Tab E's memory by up to 128GB with a microSD card.
The Tab E includes both front and rear facing cameras with advanced features to help you take high quality photos with a single touch. You can even take a sequence of photos one after the other by holding down the shutter button.
Looking for a case?
Take care of your new tablet with one of our cases. Click here to view the range..
- Accessories Included
- Charger head, microUSB cable, Quick Start Guide
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Integrated stereo speakers
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 8 hours (Wi-Fi web browsing)
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Yes - 4.0
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- 2 megapixel webcam
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 5 megapixel camera
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H241.9 x W149.5 x D8.5 mm
- TFT LED display
- Ethernet Port
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Information not available
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internal Storage
- Location Services
- GPS, GLONASS
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory (RAM) Information Random Access Memory (RAM) allows your computer to multitask.
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD card slot
- Model name / number
- Galaxy Tab E White
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- Operating System Filter
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- 157 PPI
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1x microUSB, 1x 3.5mm audio in
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Quad-core T-Shark
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Tab E
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1280 x 800 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- 9.1" to 11"
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- Up to 10"
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Yes- S Voice
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Samsung Screen Sharing
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from Thursday, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Daily next/named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy