Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, Octa-core Exynos, Android, 9.7", Wi-Fi, 32GB, Black
Samsung's thinnest and lightest tablet ever, the S2 is set to make other tablet users envious. Stacked with great features like a stunning Super AMOLED display, powerful Samsung Exynos processor and Android operating system, this tablet is ready for anything and to go anywhere.
Light & slim design
The Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 has been designed with you in mind. Their slimmest and lightest tablet to date, weighing just 389g, it will fit easily into your bag for work, purse or backpack to take to class. Just 5.6mm thick, it fits easily into small spaces and is perfect for travelling or commuting. A triumph in tablet design and manufacturing.
With the Super AMOLED display technology, you can experience true-to-life colour in the best form with a higher contrast ratio that delivers more details, especially in dark areas. The immersive 4:3 screen ratio recreates and optimises the actual reading experience of magazines, books and newspapers and offers more space to display information. You can also switch to reading mode, which puts less strain on the eyes and allows for longer periods of enjoyment.
The Exynos 5433 Processor gives you the power and speed to see and do more with your tablet. Switch between your favourite apps easily and quickly, play games and watch blockbuster movies all without any delay or lag. This is a high-quality multimedia and performance machine.
Android 6.0 Marshmallow
With improved functions and features such as the redesigned home screen with permanent Google search bar including the refreshed Google logo; vertical scrolling on the app drawer; and predictive app search to help you find what you’re looking for. Another highlight of Marshmallow is the Doze feature as it’s designed to preserve battery life by switching background tasks that aren’t in full use to hibernate.
It's easy to connect to other devices and watching content interchangeably between a tablet and a TV no longer requires cables. With Bluetooth technology, you can switch between tablet and TV and the quick Wi-Fi connection enables direct and easy sharing between devices as well as keeping you connected online. There is also a central dashboard to manage vital settings, as well as pre-installed anti-malware that offers extra security and peace of mind.
Additional information: manufacturers often update their Operating System (OS) software over the course of a device’s lifespan – this means that your product might ship with a more advanced OS than specified.
- Accessories Included
- Travel Adapter, microUSB Cable, Quick Start Guide, Health & Safety Guide
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Integrated stereo speaker
- Battery life Information How long the battery lasts for (and if applicable) until it needs recharging
- Up to 8 hours.
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- Camera (front-facing) Information Used for making video calls
- Camera (rear-facing) Information A camera on the back of the device, typically used for taking photos and videos.
- 8MP with autofocus
- CD/DVD/Blu-ray Drive Information Whether this machine can play/burn Blu-ray discs, DVDs or CDs.
- Computer Support Helpline Information We offer access to a 90 day helpline when you buy a new laptop or desktop computer from John Lewis. The service is available for a period of 90 days from the date you make your purchase.
- Free 90 day computer support
- H237.3 x W169.0 x D5.6mm
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Ethernet Port
- Graphics card Information Generate the images you see on your computer screen
- Information not available
- Graphics card type Information A dedicated graphics card enables you to run advanced programmes such as games or design packages more smoothly. Computers without graphics cards run these programmes through their processors.
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internal Storage
- Location Services
- A-GPS + GLONASS
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Memory Card Slots Information A memory card slot allows you to transfer photos and files directly from a memory card.
- microSD card slot
- Model name / number
- Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" WIFI 32GB Black
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow
- Operating System Filter
- Pixels Per Inch (PPI) Information The resolution of an image within a certain space. The more pixels per inch, the higher the detail on the screen.
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- Micro USB (not MHL compatible)
- Processor Information The processor (also called CPU) is the "brain" of your computer and enables programmes to run.
- Octa-core Samsung Exynos 5433
- Processor speed Information Determines how quickly programmes run. Processors with 'Turbo Boost' can enhance their performance to deal with more demanding tasks.
- Processor Type Information Also called CPU (central processing unit) is the circuitry within a computer/laptop/tablet. It carries out the basic instructions that drive a computer/laptop/tablet.
- Samsung Exynos
- Tab S2
- Screen finish Information A matte screen is easier to view in bright light. Gloss screens can provide more vivid colours.
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 2048 x 1536 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Size
- 9.1" to 11"
- Screen sizes (Laptops)
- Up to 10"
- Accelerometer, gyro, compass
- SIM Card Type Information The size of SIM card required
- Wi-Fi Only
- Touch Screen
- Voice Recognition Information Can be operated using spoken commands, so no need for typing, scrolling or clicking.
- Yes - Google Now
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Wi-Fi only
- Wireless Display Information Wireless Display technology can be used to present your device's display on a compatible TV or display without using wires.
- Yes- Miracast
- Wireless networking
- Wi-Fi- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
Click & collect
- Click & collect from John Lewis and Waitrose shops tomorrow from 2pm
- Collect + from a local shop from tomorrow, postcode exclusions apply
- Standard delivery within 5 working days
- Next or named day delivery
- Named day UK delivery pre-10.30am
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy