Samsung RB38M7998S4/EU Family Hub™ Smart Freestanding Fridge Freezer, A++ Energy Rating, 60cm Wide, Stainless Steel
Incorporating its own cameras, Wi-Fi connection and tablet, the Samsung Family Hub RB38M7998S4/EU freestanding fridge freezer packs a mighty storage capacity into a tall, standard-width appliance. It's frost free, so you'll never have to defrost it, and operates at a discreet 39dB noise level. It even offers low running costs for its size, as evidenced by an A++ rating for energy efficiency.
3 built-in cameras allow you to see what’s inside the fridge via internet connectivity. When you're out shopping, you can use your phone to check what's left in the fridge and work out what you need to buy. There are also systems to help you keep track of your grocery's expiry dates, as well as monitor and re-order your food shopping.
The fridge's touch screen display also works like a kitchen blackboard, complete with a calendar and diary for you to add reminders to, or share notes with the rest of the family.
Just like a large tablet, you can watch TV or listen to the radio on while you're in the kitchen, or take advantage of a range of other apps that offer thousands of recipes and foodie ideas.
Twin Cooling Plus
Thanks to Twin Cooling Plus, this frost-free appliance is able to maintain the ideal level of humidity in both the fridge and freezer, preserving your food's original flavour by preventing odours from mixing. Air ducts also ensure a controlled, even temperature from top to bottom, while the fast freeze function and can take on a generous 12kg of fresh food every 24 hours.
- 24 Hour Freezing Capacity Information How much food can be frozen over 24 hours
- Antibacterial protection Information Special lining which prevents any bacteria growth
- Aperture needed Information The size of the hole needed for the appliance to fit
- Appliance Width
- Audible Temperature Alarm Information With this alarm you'll never have to worry about frozen items losing their cool. When temperatures reach above freezing, an alarm sounds to make sure you have a safeguard against melting food.
- Door open alarm
- Average annual energy cost Information How much the appliance costs to run a year (with John Lewis assuming 1kwh = 10p inc VAT). Please contact your electricity supplier for the price you would actually pay for a unit of electricity
- Backing material
- Chiller Zone Information This zone works at a lower temperature to ensure the flavour, nutrients and freshness of your perishable food is maintained for longer.
- Frost free
- Defrost Type Information The method used to defrost a fridge freezer. Options include Automatic systems, Manual systems and Frost Free systems which use dry air to prevent any icy build up
- Frost Free
- H192.7cm x W59.5cm x D65cm
- Energy Rating Information Graded on performance, from A+++ to G, with A+++ being the highest rating. Higher ratings mean better energy efficiency
- Fan Cooling In Fridge Information This helps provide more even cooling across the entire fridge, and also aids in the defrost process.
- Freezer Defrost Type Information The method of defrosting this freezer. Options include Automatic systems, Manual systems and Frost Free systems which use dry air to prevent any icy build up.
- Frost Free
- Freezer drawers/shelves
- Fridge Freezer Split
- Fridge Freezer Type
- Fridge Position
- Holiday Mode Information Putting your appliance into Holiday Mode conserves power when you are away
- Integrated Hinging Type
- No - Freestanding
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Maximum Ambient Operating Temperature Information This appliance should always operate in conditions where the temperature remains below this number.
- Minimum Ambient Operating Temperature Information The coolest temperature in which this appliance can operate. Appliances with a minimum operating temperature of 10°C or higher are not to be used in outdoors. Some appliances can withstand cooler conditions making them ideal for use in garages and sheds.
- Model name / number
- RB38M7998S4/EU Family Hub™ Smart Freestanding Fridge Freezer
- Net storage (freezer) Information Usable freezer volume
- Net storage (fridge) Information Usable fridge volume
- Noise Level Information How noisy, in decibels, the machine is. The lower the dB, the quieter the appliance
- Number of Doors
- Number of Freezer Shelves
- Number of Fridge Shelves
- Number of Salad Drawers
- Power Cut Safe Time Information How long the appliance can keep your food chilled/frozen in case of a power cut.
- 17 hours
- Quiet Mark
- Reversible door Information Can be reversed by yourself after delivery, or -selected appliances only - by John Lewis (charge applies)
- Safety glass shelves Information Easy to clean and an anti-spillage rim
- Star rating of freezer compartment Information From 1 - 4 stars, with 3 keeping food the longest, a 4th star denoting fast freeze capability
- Temperature display
- Temperature warning light Information Warns you if the internal temperature is too high
- Delivered by our supplier within 10 working days
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy