Samsung UE40LS001AU Serif 4K Ultra HD LED Smart TV, 40", With Freeview HD, Built-In Wi-Fi & Exclusive Bouroullec Design, White
World-renowned designers, Ronan and Erwan Bouroullec, have turned TVs into a thing of radical beauty. This stunning Serif is not just a TV, it’s a piece of furniture that will sink in to your décor seamlessly and surprise with its fabulous, fuss-free charm. Samsung's glorious 4K Ultra HD picture, rapid quad-core processor and state-of-the-art Smart features have been given a fresh edge with the Bouroullec's stylish Curtain Mode interface. Whether you have this 40” screen freestanding on the included stand or placed on a chest of drawers, your home entertainment system will have a unique allure like never before.
Exclusive Bouroullec Design
As the first technology project in Bouroullec’s 20-year partnership, this forward-thinking style comes from the duo's rich design pedigree. This Serif shuns the standard ultra-thin shape with a versatile design that’s made to fit into your world. Forming a clear capital “I” in profile, you can keep it anywhere with its self-supporting frame and even use the top as a shelf. Freestanding on the included stand or popped on a table, you’ll adore the Scandi-style shape and marvel at its invention.
Simple & Accessible Smart Curtain Mode
To suit the sleek style, the Bouroullecs helped Samsung design a standby mode that breaks ground in aesthetic convenience. Like pulling a curtain over the screen, this interface gives a colourful abstract view of what is going on behind – so you can shut out advert breaks for example. When curtain mode is active, you can give your room a clock, control your music through Bluetooth, open apps like Netflix, beam pictures from the photo gallery and use other Smart services. Build a bespoke interface with the redesigned Smart remote too, so your Serif is as personal as everything else in your living room.
Spectacular 4K Ultra HD Display
With four times the detail of 1080p Full HD, you'll enjoy otherworldly picture. Furthermore, whatever you are watching on the Serif TV will be upscaled so you can enjoy great picture quality all the time. Samsung’s unique upscaling capabilities uses a four step process which converts lower resolution content, such as live TV, to a level of near 4K Ultra-HD detail. This means that you can watch all your old favourites and new shows in the highest level of detail. All this tech helps build a display that's as beautiful as the frame that holds it.
Doubles As Bluetooth Speaker
Make use of this Serif’s HD audio by hooking up your smartphone or tablet wirelessly through Bluetooth. At the click of a button, you can play songs from your personal library and fill your home with the 20W speakers’ crisp audio. Whether you stream radio from the TuneIn app, explore playlists on Spotify or find tracks on YouTube, this TV can be your speaker too.
Media Sharing With ConnectShare
Load up your USB stick and plug it in to one of the Serif’s ports to beam your own music, photos and videos on to the big screen. You can even use an external hard drive to record live TV, play it back and take the content anywhere with you.
With TVs getting slimmer and built-in speakers getting smaller, choosing the right sound system is more important than ever. Soundbars enhance your TV's sound quality and add that extra audio punch to all your movies, games and TV programmes. More affordable and easier to set up than a full size speaker system, they don’t compromise on quality either.
Take a look at our full range of soundbars.
If you want to connect your television to a Blu-ray player, games console, soundbar or soundbase then you'll need a HDMI cable.
View our collection of cables & connections
Delivery information:If you buy a sound bar or DVD/Blu-ray player along with this TV, please note that they'll be delivered separately.
- 3D Ready
- 3D Technology Type Information Active 3D works from battery-powered glasses. Passive 3D works with an on-screen filter and regular glasses
- Accessories Included
- Stand, Samsung Smart Control, Remote Control, User Manual, ANT-Cable, Power Cable
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Digital tuner Information Built-in digital tuners let you receive channels through an aerial with Freeview or through a satellite dish with freesat
- Freeview HD
- H56.1 x W92.8 x D17.4cm
- Dimensions With Stand
- H93.1 x W92.8 x D32.3cm
- Energy Rating Information Graded on performance, from A+++ to G, with A+++ being the highest rating. Higher ratings mean better energy efficiency
- Exclusive to John Lewis
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- USB ConnectShare Playback & Recording
- HDR Information Expanding contrast ratio and colour palettes, this product’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatibility gives greater glow and visual depth than regular HD content.
- Internet Ready Information Internet enabled devices allow you access to a wealth of online content through Wi-Fi, dongle or Ethernet connection.
- Yes - Built-in Wi-Fi
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Model name / number
- Samsung Serif
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Number of tuners Information These are built-in the TV to access digital television channels, radio stations or even HD channels at no extra cost
- Operating system Information Determines the interface you see on screen and the types of programmes you can run.
- Samsung Smart TV
- Packaged Dimensions
- H64.4 x W101.5 x D23.8cm
- Picture Resolution Information A higher picture resolution makes for greater clarity, depth and detail which can be enjoyed sat closer to the screen
- 4K Ultra HD
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 2 x HDMI, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x Headphone, 1 x Digital Audio Out, 1 x CI Slot, 1 x HDMI A/Return Ch. Support, 1 x HDMI-CEC
- Power Consumption - Annual Information Estimated energy use for a full year's use, based on EU regulations
- 87 kWh
- Power Consumption - On Mode Information The average daily power consumption based on EU measures. Rated power consumption based on maximum continuous use may differ.
- Power Consumption - Stand By Information Amount used when on standby, based on EU regulations
- Programmable Timer
- Recording Capacity (hours)
- Remote Control
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 3840 x 2160 pixels (4K)
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type Information LED screens are backlit, with multiple light-emitting diodes; OLEDs use individual organic light-emitting diodes with no backlight; QLEDs use Quantum Dot technology to provide excellent levels of contrast, colour reproduction and energy efficiency
- Smart TV Information Connects to the home Wi-Fi to access apps including BBC iPlayer, stream from services such as Netflix and browse websites
- Speaker output Information The total output measured in watts. The higher the number, the louder the sound.
- Table Top Stand
- Visible Screen Size (measured diagonally)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
- Unpackaged with stand: 13.25kg, without stand: 12.7kg
- Delivery from 3 working days (lead time and available slots vary by postcode; exclusions apply)
- Next day delivery to selected areas
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
TV Installation only
This service includes:
- Unpacking and fitting your TV and removal of packaging
- Connecting your TV to the aerial and tuning in to all available channels
- Connection of existing devices to your TV, such as a satellite box, freesat or DVD player
- Connecting a smart hub TV to the internet and giving a brief demonstration of how to access the key apps
- A test demonstration to show that picture and sound are working fully
The charge for this service includes the removal and environmentally-responsible disposal of your old TV
Q & As
Count on our expert opinion in picking your television.