Samsung UE46F8500 LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 46", Quad Core with Freeview/Freesat HD and Voice/Motion Control with 2x 3D Glasses
To see all that this TV has to offer, please drop by a branch and ask a Partner for a demonstration.
A TV that shapes itself around you. The Samsung F8500’s quad-core is fast enough to juggle TV programmes, apps and social networking without missing a beat. A lush Full HD 1080p panel unlocks the finer details in every moment, while Active 3D playback makes everything more immersive.
Tired of hunting for something to watch? The Samsung F8500 features an intelligent recommendation system that notices what you like to watch and points you in the right direction. Voice and motion control even makes it as easy as waving a hand or asking a question to channel hop, browse and more.
All new ‘Magnum’ design means the flowing aluminium bezel blends seamlessly into the stand for a unified look that looks great in any space.
- Samsung S-Recommendation will change the way you watch TV. This technology learns what you like to watch and when - making it a breeze to track down similar programmes. All you have to do is ask!
- Smart Hub provides immediate access to all your favourite shows via the ON TV Screen and cleverly organises and manages your content into five panels - On TV; Movies & TV Shows; Photos, Videos & Music; Social and Apps. The intuitive interface uses easily recognisable thumbnails for instant previews to help you choose.
- This TV is also Smart Evolution ready. This means that in future, your set can be boosted using a separate Smart Evolution Kit that delivers even more processing power.
- "One design" styling ensures you see more of the picture and less of the TV frame as the super slim bezel merges seamlessly into the background. The TV’s silver frame and stand are crafted as a unified structure from a single piece of metal, also incorporating a naturally curved back and hideaway camera to maintain the stunning design aesthetics.
- Smart Interaction lets you interact with your TV in a whole new way, through advanced Voice and Motion control. Simply talk to your TV to control it or using everyday language just ask it to find you something to watch for an amazing personalised TV experience. New two handed gestures recognise natural movements enabling you to zoom in and out and rotate images, making the sharing of your latest holiday pictures easy and fun.
- Micro Dimming Ultimate technology in the F8500 precisely controls colour, contrast and detail levels within sub sections of each image to provide best in class picture quality, no matter what source is connected to the TV.
- 1000Hz CMR (Clear Motion Rate) gives you supreme clarity of motion, sharpness and contrast for optimum picture quality.
- A powerful quad-core processor enables much faster access to Smart TV functions, higher-quality video streaming and true multitasking capabilities.
- The retractable 5MP camera can be concealed when you're watching TV but is easily accessible for high-quality, large-scale Skype chats. Share a smile with loved ones and create a personalised smart hub profile for rapid face recognition access.
- Bring a new dimension to movies and games with cutting-edge 3D. Samsung’s Active 3D technology delivers smooth performance and crystal-clear Full HD images to get you right into the action. Special technology also converts 2D to 3D, so your old favourites won't be left out.
- Integrated Freeview and freesat HD tuners let you enjoy all your favourite programmes and more in stunning HD. To watch Freeview HD broadcasts you’ll need to check that you can receive it in your area. To enjoy Freesat broadcasts you will need a dish and cabling installed. Freesat does not require a contract or a subscription – just a one-off payment for your dish and installation. To organise installation, please visit or call one of our shops. Click here to find out more about Freesat.
- Integrated Wi-Fi gives you the freedom to enjoy a selection of online entertainment like BBC iPlayer, ITV Player and Twitter over your home network without the need for messy cables.
- 3 HDMI slots, 3 USB ports and a SCART socket mean enough space for all your consoles, blu-ray players and satellite receivers. Spend less time juggling connections and more time enjoying your media.
- Smart View turns your compatible smartphone or tablet into a second TV screen via your home network. Take programmes with you on your device or watch a different channel to the main TV by selecting a different source in the app.
- Allshare lets you stream and share music, photos, movies and other multimedia directly to your TV. It's equipped with Cloud technology, so you can upload content to a central web storage account to access anywhere. Screen Mirroring even lets you wirelessly share what’s on your smart phone or tablet screen with your Samsung Smart TV.
- This TV also comes with a 5-year guarantee for your peace of mind.
- Includes 2 pairs of 3D glasses.
With TVs getting slimmer and built-in speakers getting smaller - choosing the right sound system is more important than ever. Sound bars add that extra audio punch to all your movies, games and TV programmes. More affordable and easier to set up than a full size speaker system, they don’t compromise on quality either.
Take a look at our full range here.
- 3D Technology Type Information Active 3D works from battery-powered glasses. Passive 3D works with an on-screen filter and regular glasses
- Accessories Included
- 2x 3D glasses, remote control, batteries, documentation
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Dolby Digital
- Digital tuner Information Built-in digital tuners let you receive channels through an aerial with Freeview or through a satellite dish with freesat
- Freeview HD and freesat HD
- H63.61 x W104.39 x D22.19mm
- DLNA Information Digital Living Network Alliance compatible - lets you build a digital network around the home with other DLNA devices
- Eligible for International Delivery
- 5 years
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internet Ready Information Internet enabled devices allow you access to a wealth of online content through Wi-Fi, dongle or Ethernet connection.
- Yes - Wi-Fi / Ethernet
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Number of tuners Information These are built-in the TV to access digital television channels, radio stations or even HD channels at no extra cost
- Picture Resolution Information A higher picture resolution makes for greater clarity, depth and detail which can be enjoyed sat closer to the screen
- Full HD (1080p)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 4x HDMI in, 1x SCART in, 1x headphones out, 3x USB 2.0
- Power Consumption - Annual Information Estimated energy use for a full year's use, based on EU regulations
- 105 kWh/year
- Power Consumption - On Mode Information The average daily power consumption based on EU measures. Rated power consumption based on maximum continuous use may differ.
- Remote Control
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type Information LED screens are backlit, with multiple light-emitting diodes; OLEDs use individual organic light-emitting diodes with no backlight; QLEDs use Quantum Dot technology to provide excellent levels of contrast, colour reproduction and energy efficiency
- Smart TV Information Connects to the home Wi-Fi to access apps including BBC iPlayer, stream from services such as Netflix and browse websites
- Speaker output Information The total output measured in watts. The higher the number, the louder the sound.
- Table Top Stand
- Visible Screen Size (measured diagonally)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
The charge for this service includes the removal and environmentally-responsible disposal of your old TV
Q & As
Count on our expert opinion in picking your television.