Sonos Playbar Home Cinema Sound Bar
Bring Sonos quality sound to your games, movies and TV programmes with the Sonos Playbar sound bar. Immersive nine speaker design teases exceptional levels of detail from soundtracks and music. It’s also ready to go with dual band N Wi-Fi, that guarantees simple, interference free wireless audio playback throughout the home.
More to listen to
Ready to drop into your existing Sonos wireless music setup. Get wireless, Hi-Fi sound in every room by streaming your iTunes library, your favourite music services like Spotify** and Napster, and more than 100,000 free Internet radio stations, podcasts and shows from across the globe.
Set up is as hassle-free as you’d expect from Sonos. It connects to your TV using a single optical cable (included), and interacts with other Sonos gear too. All you need is a high-speed Internet connection and a router to get started.
Built-in dual band wireless N Wi-Fi cuts down on passive interference and delivers a high bandwidth connection that can handle even lossless audio effortlessly.
Take full control of your media with the SONOS Controller app. Available to download for free, it gives you the freedom to adjust volume, switch settings and more.*
Whether it's placed on a flat surface or wall-mounted (mount available separately at extra cost), the Playbar detects its position and adapts its output for consistent Sonos quality in any situation. Using the TRUEPLAY feature in the Sonos App, you can custom tune this speaker for finely-balanced sound enrichments based on speaker positioning, even when it’s incorporated in a full Sonos home cinema setup.
Amazing as a standalone sound bar, you can enhance the experience even more by adding a Sonos SUB or rear speakers to the mix.
Apple Music And Other Services Available On Sonos
Add your existing music streaming service or discover something new. Whether curated or on-demand, free or subscription-based, Sonos has you covered with access to a growing list of over 30 music services. For example, you can enjoy Apple Music, Spotify**, Deezer, Tidal, Google Play Music or many more paid services or Soundcloud, TuneIn Radio or 22Tracks free services.
Using the Spotify App you can send your Spotify choices direct to any of your Sonos speakers, group all speakers together, control the volume of every speaker at once, and share music control with other Spotify App users on the same Wi-Fi network.**
If you want to connect the soundbar to the television, then you'll need an optical cable.
View our collection of cables & connections
*Please note that you must download this app to set the sound bar up
**Please note: a Spotify Premium account is required to use Spotify services on SonosDelivery information:If you buy a large screen TV along with this item, please note that they'll be delivered separately.
- 3D Ready
- Accessories Included
- Optical cable and Ethernet cable.
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Nicam Stereo
- Bluetooth Enabled Information Wireless way of transferring data between electronic devices over short distances
- H8.5 x W90 x D14cm
- Dimensions (Centre)
- Dimensions (Speakers)
- Dimensions (Subwoofer)
- Dimensions (System)
- H8.5cm x W90cm x D14cm
- DLNA Information Digital Living Network Alliance compatible - lets you build a digital network around the home with other DLNA devices
- Eligible for International Delivery
- File Formats
- MP3, iTunes Plus, WMA, AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless and Flac music files.
- HDR Information Expanding contrast ratio and colour palettes, this product’s High Dynamic Range (HDR) compatibility gives greater glow and visual depth than regular HD content.
- Internet Ready Information Internet enabled devices allow you access to a wealth of online content through Wi-Fi, dongle or Ethernet connection.
- Yes - Wi-Fi / Ethernet
- Manufacturer Part Number (MPN)
- Model name / number
- Playbar Home Cinema Sound Bar
- Multi-room sound
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 1 x Optical Input, 1 x Ethernet Port
- Power Consumption - On Mode Information The average daily power consumption based on EU measures. Rated power consumption based on maximum continuous use may differ.
- Information not available
- Power Consumption - Stand By Information Amount used when on standby, based on EU regulations
- Information not available
- Radio tuner
- Internet only
- Rear Speaker Type
- Speaker output Information The total output measured in watts. The higher the number, the louder the sound.
- Information not available
- Speaker system
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
This California-based company has spent most of its near 15-year history selling high-end speakers to studio professionals and cash-rich audiophiles. Their flair for sublime sound engineering led them to break the mainstream market in 2013, with their wireless Multiroom range.
Cracking a balance of simplicity, stunning sound and game-changing tech, Sonos has since become a key player in the home audio market. They’ve adapted their studio-quality pedigree into an affordable range, that delivers house-filling sound for more casual listeners. Supplemented by a slick app, Sonos is one of the market-leaders in Multiroom technology.
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy