Sony Bravia KDL26EX553 LED HD 720p Smart TV, 26" with Freeview HD
Add extra style to any space with Sony’s KDL26EX553 slimline LED TV. Enjoy TV and films in sharp HD detail and dazzling true colour contrast. Its compact size makes it a great choice for the kitchen, bedroom or study. Access to subscription-free HD channels and on demand services such as BBC iPlayer at your fingertips mean that you’ll never be stuck for great entertainment.
- Watch TV and films in sharp HD and see a clear difference in picture quality, while enjoying true-to-life colours and crisp detail from the X-Reality Picture Engine and EDGE LED Lighting.
- Built-in Wi-Fi lets you enjoy access to great online content like BBC iPlayer, letting you catch up on all your favourite TV programmes whenever you want to.
- S-Force Front Surround 3D technology creates an immersive surround sound like effect that will add a new dimension to your movies and games.
- For a more immersive experience there’s 24p True Cinema that recreates the natural smoothness of cinema playback in the comfort of your living room.
- Enjoy a huge range of free digital TV and radio channels, including HD programmes, without subscriptions through integrated Freeview HD. There’s no contract and no need for a set-top box or satellite dish. It’s all easily accessible using just one remote control and your external TV aerial. To watch Freeview HD broadcasts you’ll need to check that you can receive it in your area.
- If you’re heading out for the evening, simply record your must-see programmes straight onto hard disk via USB.
- Two HDMI slots, a SCART socket and USB port make this TV a true media hub.
- This TV comes with a 5 year guarantee for your peace of mind.
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- S-Force Front Surround
- AV inputs
- HDMI, USB, Headphones
- Digital tuner Information Built-in digital tuners let you receive channels through an aerial with Freeview or through a satellite dish with freesat
- Freeview HD
- H42.6 x W64.2 x D4.78cm (with stand)
- DLNA Information Digital Living Network Alliance compatible - lets you build a digital network around the home with other DLNA devices
- Eligible for International Delivery
- Frame rate
- Freesat built in
- Freeview built in
- Full HD 1080p
- Glasses Free
- 5 years
- Headphone socket
- Headphone socket
- High definition
- Internet Ready Information Internet enabled devices allow you access to a wealth of online content through Wi-Fi, dongle or Ethernet connection.
- Yes - Built-in Wi-Fi
- LED backlighting
- Memory Card Slot
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Power Consumption - Annual Information Estimated energy use for a full year's use, based on EU regulations
- 50 kWh/year
- Power Consumption - On Mode Information The average daily power consumption based on EU measures. Rated power consumption based on maximum continuous use may differ.
- Remote control
- Remote Control
- SCART sockets
- Screen format
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1280 x 720 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type Information LED screens are backlit, with multiple light-emitting diodes; OLEDs use individual organic light-emitting diodes with no backlight; QLEDs use Quantum Dot technology to provide excellent levels of contrast, colour reproduction and energy efficiency
- Smart TV - Internet enabled
- Speaker output Information The total output measured in watts. The higher the number, the louder the sound.
- S-Video socket
- Table Top Stand
- TV Combi
- USB ports
- 1 x USB 2.0
- Visible Screen Size (measured diagonally)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
Q & As
Count on our expert opinion in picking your television.