Sony Bravia KDL42W805 LED HD 1080p 3D Smart TV, 42", NFC with Freeview HD and 4x 3D Glasses
To see all that this TV has to offer, please drop by a branch and ask a Partner for a demonstration.
The Sony W8 series offers a more connected smart TV experience than ever with the power of NFC. Enjoy sharp 1080p viewing and immersive 3D along with all the benefits of catch up TV and Wi-Fi. Unique ‘Sense of Quartz’ design creates an almost edge-to-edge look while the custom stand brings a premium metallic finish. Integrated upscaling enhances even standard definition content and online video clips to near-Full HD quality.
- Enjoy content from your smartphone on your TV screen. There’s no tricky set-up. Simply place your NFC one-touch mirroring enabled smartphone against the supplied one-touch remote to display photos, videos, music, games and apps from your phone on your TV.
- Warmer colours and enhanced contrast - X-Reality PRO adds an extra dimension of image clarity to everything you watch. Drawing on a database of visual information, it analyses and enhances every image, it’s especially good with faces and skin tone.
- ’Sense of Quartz’ design combines a smooth surface and cut-glass edges with high quality materials. Floating over a circular stand, it also feature an Intelligent Core that gently illuminates and changes colour according to the source of the content.
- Built-in Bass Reflex Box speakers direct sound towards you, delivering extended low frequencies and clear, sparkling highs. Slim and compact, they minimise vibration and resonance too.
- Enjoy a huge range of free digital TV and radio channels, including HD programmes, without subscriptions through integrated Freeview HD. There’s no contract and no need for a set-top box or satellite dish. It’s all easily accessible using just one remote control and your external TV aerial. To watch Freeview HD broadcasts you’ll need to check that you can receive it in your area.
- Dynamic Edge LED backlighting dims and brightens specific areas of the screen for enhanced contrast and more natural colours.
- With Passive 3D technology, you’ll enjoy more immersive entertainment, as well as the comfort of using lightweight 3D glasses.
- The TV SideView feature lets you use your smartphone or tablet as a remote while learning more about the programme you’re watching.
- With Motionflow XR 400Hz sports and other fast moving action looks smoother and sharper.
- Access to the Sony Entertainment Network opens up a world of apps, games and social networking options.
With TVs getting slimmer and built-in speakers getting smaller - choosing the right sound system is more important than ever. Sound bars add that extra audio punch to all your movies, games and TV programmes. More affordable and easier to set up than a full size speaker system, they don’t compromise on quality either.
Take a look at our full range here.
- 3D Technology Type Information Active 3D works from battery-powered glasses. Passive 3D works with an on-screen filter and regular glasses
- Accessories Included
- Remote control, batteries, documentation
- Audio Quality Information Different manufacturers use different sound systems to improve your audio experience
- Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Pulse
- Digital tuner Information Built-in digital tuners let you receive channels through an aerial with Freeview or through a satellite dish with freesat
- Freeview HD
- H60.9 x W97.1 x D14.7cm
- DLNA Information Digital Living Network Alliance compatible - lets you build a digital network around the home with other DLNA devices
- Eligible for International Delivery
- 5 years
- Hard drive Information Stores files and programmes. A portion of this may already be consumed by pre-installed data.
- Internet Ready Information Internet enabled devices allow you access to a wealth of online content through Wi-Fi, dongle or Ethernet connection.
- Yes - Wi-Fi / Ethernet
- Model name / number
- NFC enabled Information Devices with NFC can be tapped together to establish a wireless connection for sending or streaming files and other data
- Number of tuners Information These are built-in the TV to access digital television channels, radio stations or even HD channels at no extra cost
- Picture Resolution Information A higher picture resolution makes for greater clarity, depth and detail which can be enjoyed sat closer to the screen
- Full HD (1080p)
- Ports Information Ports used to connect other devices, for example USB to connect peripherals or HDMI to connect to a high definition display.
- 4x HDMI in, 1x SCART in, 1x headphones out, 3x USB
- Power Consumption - Annual Information Estimated energy use for a full year's use, based on EU regulations
- 62 kWh/year
- Power Consumption - On Mode Information The average daily power consumption based on EU measures. Rated power consumption based on maximum continuous use may differ.
- Remote Control
- Screen Resolution Information Picture quality defined by the number of individual dots (pixels) used to create an image. The higher the number of pixels, the higher the image quality.
- 1920 x 1080 pixels
- Screen size Information Measured diagonally.
- Screen Type Information LED screens are backlit, with multiple light-emitting diodes; OLEDs use individual organic light-emitting diodes with no backlight; QLEDs use Quantum Dot technology to provide excellent levels of contrast, colour reproduction and energy efficiency
- Smart TV Information Connects to the home Wi-Fi to access apps including BBC iPlayer, stream from services such as Netflix and browse websites
- Speaker output Information The total output measured in watts. The higher the number, the louder the sound.
- Table Top Stand
- Visible Screen Size (measured diagonally)
- Weight Information Unpackaged weight
International delivery not available
If you’ve changed your mind about keeping your purchase, please return it in its original condition with proof of purchase and we’ll exchange or refund it. Unless faulty, this should be within 35 days of receiving your order. By original condition, we’d expect this to mean that you’ve kept packaging and labels, and that the item is undamaged and unused.
You can return for free in the UK via John Lewis shops, Royal Mail, Collect+ or MyHermes. If you need to arrange collection of large or heavy items, call us on 03456 049 049. For international returns queries, call us on +44 1698 545 454
You’ll find returns information on your delivery note. Exceptions apply to certain products - find out more about our refund policy
The charge for this service includes the removal and environmentally-responsible disposal of your old TV
Q & As
Count on our expert opinion in picking your television.